SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Orange Tiny Terror Hard Wired For Sale - Excellent Condition, Boxed - Upgraded Valves - Leics - SOLD

BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4789
edited September 2013 in Amps £
After finding out all the MR refugees have arrived over here I decided to post this up here again as its still for sale and needs a new home. My user name over on MR was DrumAl and I had completed a few trades on there with no issues, my ebay user id is holpop06 if you want to check my feedback rating.

Right down to business!

For Sale 

An Orange Tiny Terror Hard Wired in excellent condition. 

I've owned this for nearly 2 years and for the past 9 months its been stored safely as I bought a new combo which was better suited to the new band I was in. 

The Orange TT is a great amp and the hard wired aspect definitely gives it an edge over the stock model (I had a Dual Terror before this and loved the sound so much I upgraded to this because it does just sound beefier and projects more than the stock TT). There are plenty of reviews and info on the net so you can decide for yourself if its what you need. Check out Gary Moore playing one on youtube, it sounds brilliant. Also check out Andertons youtube vid where they compare models and hear the difference for yourself here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRAdgzHDZ9M 

This amp is in immaculate condition and comes with the leather gig bag, and box etc. it has been upgraded with matched and tested Ruby Tubes JJ EL84's in the power amp. Also the 12AX7 pre amp tubes have been replaced with a tested and balanced JJ in the phase invertor, and a tested JJ in V1 which make it sound even more epic! 

You are welcome to come and try it if you live locally to me in Coalville, Leicestershire and I'm prepared to ship it at your own risk/cost anywhere in the UK. I would prefer cash on collection and I'm willing to meet the buyer somewhere within a reasonable distance from me if we can agree on fuel costs etc. 

I'm after £350 for a quick sale. 

If you're after a TT, then get this one, you won't be disappointed!

imageimageimageimage

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    Adding your location might help.  ;-)
  • Dodge said:
    Adding your location might help.  ;-)
    Lol, I thought it would come up from my profile but it didn't!

Consider it edited, cheers dude :-)

• Just wanted to ask how well this takes pedals? Also have you A/B'd it against the standard TT, if so how do they compare?
    Cheers
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4789
    edited September 2013
    nickb_boy said:
    Just wanted to ask how well this takes pedals? Also have you A/B'd it against the standard TT, if so how do they compare?
    Cheers
    Hi mate, my pedal board is pretty extensive with 2 O/D's, a distortion, transistor fuzz, flanger, chorus, comp and a flashback delay, they all sounded mint into the amp to be honest, especially with a 2x12 cab. I used the amp fine as a cleanish platform adding layers of gain via pedals and then modulations/delay as required, sounded f**cking awesome!

Don't believe the internet hype that the TT doesn't take pedals well, I have an amp now with a loop and all my stomps are still direct in the front of the amp. As far as I'm concerned loops are great for rack gear or when you have stereo setups etc. but stompboxes for me belong in front of the amp because that's where I prefer them (some people may disagree but its very much a question of whatever is best for you tbh). You can also set it so that using your guitars volume you can tweak the tone/overdrive and its very responsive doing that, and then stacking a few pedals in front such as a BB Pre-Amp to use as a lead boost. All the modulation/delay type pedals work just as well in this format too.

As far as comparisons go, I had a Dual Terror and compared it in 15watt TT mode to the Hard Wired and the Hard Wired sounds fuller and projects more but there isn't a whole lot in it if i'm honest. Check the Andertons vid on the link above, stick your headphones on and have a listen yourself there's definitely a difference. The other thing is that I knew of issues with QC on the normal TT and being Hand Wired this TT is able to be worked on and repaired far more easily should the need arise.

Cheers for the question, get back in touch if you're interested!

• Thanks for getting back so quick.
    Have been trying to find some more info online and don't know if you can answer or not.
    Do you know if this has the same transformers as the original TT or what make they are?
    Cheers
    edited September 2013

Hi Nick,
    No worries I've been online nearly all day unfortunately with one thing and another so I've been around to reply.
    I wondered the same thing, because when I got it I noticed that the transformers were labelled very similarly to the ones in my Dual Terror. So I did some research myself and found out that although they are made in the same factory, they are made to a higher spec using a better core material so therefore are of superior quality to the ones in the TT, add to that P2P wiring, Mustard Caps etc etc and you get the picture. The Hard Wired is better than the other TT's for a number of reasons, anyone saying different is just trying to be smug because they think their PCB version is as good for less money. Trust me even the pots and knobs just feel better and ooze more quality. I have a pic of the insides that I'll post in a mo and you'll see the difference for yourself!

Al

edited September 2013
    Here ya go ;-)

These pics are all from inside the amp I'm selling:

imageimageimageimage

Compare that to this:

• P.s. Read this article too mate, I found it good when I was researching myself. Hope it helps :-)

edited September 2013
    Sold pending payment :-)

Now Sold!!!!!