tell me about the Randall RH100 half stack

Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
edited December 2014 in Amps
Just seen one on ebay for auction thats local and mega cheap at the moment. They dont seem to be worth much, one chap on harmony Central got his for $200, head and 412 cab.

But they seem to get great reviews?! It's a solid state hi-gain head so I'm not expecting it to be great, but if I can get it cheap enough I'll be tempted as long as its not a waste of money.
Anyone played one, or have any wisdom on high gain Solid states?
'Awibble'
Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72676
    They're absolutely great if you want that sound. Not the same as a valve amp, or better or worse - just different. If you're expecting it to be a poor substitute for a valve amp then it will be. If you want it for what it sounds like you can't do better.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

Randall solid state stuff is awesome...they were one of the first or the first sold state amps...and to this day they still make great solid state amps...all analog JFET circuits.

the orange stripe ones from the 80's (not sure if its RG or RH) are really good too