Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: 1959 Gibson DC Junior

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Magnificent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    If that guitar were a woman, I'd marry it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    If that guitar were a woman, I'd marry it...

What ? A fifty six year old woman who'd had her head snapped off once & then held on by massive nails for years before being snapped off again ? That is unusual :-)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    DrBob;470712" said:
    That is unusual :-)
    I have low standards which I have yet to achieve....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    Love it!  :)

You've done an incredible job with that repair - balls of steel, indeed.

Does it sound any different with the Grovers?

• Definitely looks better with the new tuners. That is a fantastic looking guitar that must have a story or two to tell.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    Thanks for the knid comments all!

I'm not usually one for a load of hyperbole when it comes to vintage guitars but I have to say, there s definitely some Voodoo surrounding this guitar, I CAN NOT walk past it without picking it up and spending a few minutes playing it, even if i'm on the way to the lav...Going to have to put it in a case out of temptations way, that'll be the 3rd pair of trousers I've got through this week...

I would kill to find out some history of this guitar, a guitar that plays and sounds as good as this couldn't have been a case queen (just look at the finish) so someone has enjoyed it before me, i'd love to know who.
    breadfan said:

Does it sound any different with the Grovers?
    Funnily enough, there is definitely a slight change acoustically, perhaps it's that there has been a lot of weight taken out of the headstock but it does seem to have a bit more top end 'zing' played acoustically with the Klusons on, which is no bad thing at all! Still has all the sustain and resonance that it had before but now "With Added Zing!" ;-)

"Zing"....whatever next....and i'm meant to be a professional...!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited January 2015
    miserneil said:
    I would kill to find out some history of this guitar, a guitar that plays and sounds as good as this couldn't have been a case queen (just look at the finish) so someone has enjoyed it before me, i'd love to know who.

Well......You know it came from the Leeds Guitar Show a few years ago. I guess that would be the guitar show held in Pudsey Civic Hall.
    One guy who had some very nice vintage pieces - and showed them/sold them at that show - was an ebay seller from Hull. Or at least he was in Hull. He then moved somewhere else. His user name was/is something like Attaboy?? You will have seen his listings for sure. Loads of stuff. Gibsons from 50's and 60's. Nearly always starting at 99p with no reserve. Maybe it was one of his? Maybe forum members can suggest other dealers who had vintage pieces at Leeds Guitar show?  
    :D

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    Skipped;471888" said:
    miserneil said:

Well......You know it came from the Leeds Guitar Show a few years ago. I guess that would be the guitar show held in Pudsey Civic Hall.

One guy who had some very nice vintage pieces - and showed them/sold them at that show - was an ebay seller from Hull. Or at least he was in Hull. He then moved somewhere else. His user name was/is something like Attaboy?? You will have seen his listings for sure. Loads of stuff. Gibsons from 50's and 60's. Nearly always starting at 99p with no reserve. Maybe it was one of his? Maybe forum members can suggest other dealers who had vintage pieces at Leeds Guitar show?  

Cheers @Skipped, quite the detective! ;-)

I know the guy you're talking about, he's ebay seller atoyboy based in Cheltenham, has a lot of great vintage stuff but it's not from him.

The guy I got it off purchased it at the leeds show from Dads Guitars who had a stand there. So I know it's history up to that point, so would like to know how it got there. I've emailed John at Dads so hoping for a reply soon :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Skipped said:
    miserneil said:

This guy from ebay? Atoyboy. My friend has bought several vintage pieces from him. He's good to deal with http://www.audiotoyshop.com/meet-the-owner.html