Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recommend me a Tube Amp

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    a used Ceriatone Bassman or early Marshall clone, there's a few MJW ones going silly cheap
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I'm delighted with my Blackstar Artisan 15. Simple handwired and a really good amp to learn how to get lots of tones from guitar knobs and pickup switches from. I have an HT metal valve pedal for more "multi channel" type playing and a couple of dirt boxes. Gives me cleans and 7 basic gain sounds. I use an OCD clone for glassy gains and a TS 9 for midhump. Each interacts with the amp, each other and the valve pedal. Very versatile set up that can do country, jazz, blues, rock and metal.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    Sorry for sounding like a stuck record.. But go try a hughes kettner statesman. Superb clean and a brilliant dirt channel plus boost.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    edited October 2013
    Hmmm . . . I have to agree about the blackstar artisan 15 . . . Hand wired , amazing build quality, awesome tone, not too big, not too heavy, simple and yet amazingly versatile . . . Just a well built quality tool . . . Whats not to like ???? . . In fact between the artisan 15 and the artisan 30 the artisan 15 is definitely the one to go for . . . Ive had both.
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• MosfedMosfed Frets: 25
    edited October 2013
    Dude - WITHOUT question you have to try the Marshall SL-5 combo.

5 watts of screaming EL-34 based heaven.  We play with a VERY loud drummer and me on bass through an SVT set up and the Marshall has NO problem putting us all in our place.

And in 1 watt mode it's even too loud for the home.  Amazing combo, amazing value.  And I am not even a Slash fan.  With a Strat it nails Hendrix's tones, with a Gibson Jimmy Page, etc.  You really have to try it.

Another good recommendation is the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - and even better - the Hot Rod Deville.  In a recent Guitarist on boutique amps they did a blind test with a Three Monkeys and another amazing Vox clone and out of there - 3 out of 4 testers chose the Hot Rod Deville.

I have a Blues Deluxe where I replaced the speaker with a JBL that I love.  More clean headroom that the Hot Rod.