This song is pretty much perfect

BucketBucket Frets: 7751
Can't think of a single thing that could make this song better.

I heard Neil Finn wrote it as a tribute to, and an attempt to sound like the Beatles, and I think he managed it. It's definitely got that vibe to it. I just love it - the chord progression, the melodies, the lyrics, everything about it. It's fucking brilliant.

Just wanted to share it, I assume some of you will have heard it but some of you won't, and you might like it as much as I do.
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Love this song, probably one of my fav by crowded house, very Beatle like. Excellent song writer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I wasn't that keen on it when it came out. It followed 'Instinct' as a single IIRC from the greatest hits album which I loved. Sounded a bit too much like it's influences for me, but totally agree that he's a cracking songwriter, and CH really were a class act.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Bucket said:

I heard Neil Finn wrote it as a tribute to, and an attempt to sound like the Beatles, and I think he managed it.
    Didn't know that, it makes a lot more sense to me now, since even in Neil Finn's varied output it's a little unusual. One of the George Harrison ones.
    Now wishing they'd worked together at some point.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    Beatles/Eagles/10cc.  Nice song, Crowded House were good weren't they?  Weather With You was huge and over-played, but their albums seem generally excellent besides that.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited January 2015
    Yeah love that. I used to play it on acoustic to girls at uni. Great song, I always thought it sounded Beatles-y, not surprised it's deliberate.
    All practice and no theory