SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Ibanez George Benson GB10

Any one got one they're thinking of selling? This model only please... Cheers...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good luck with that one,I have one,but unfortunately it is not for sale.
    They really are as good as everyone says,easily as good as any Gibson jazz box or better.Try to get an earlier one rather than Korean ones.Flat wound strings work great on them.
    All the best.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    when I last looked for one, this Korean issue was brought up by a seller who thought all the guitars after a certain date were Korean. 

as far as I remember my research showed that there was a short period of Korean manufacture, and it was clear which model was which. After that, they were made back in Japan

see this:
  • cairobillcairobill Frets: 98
    edited January 2015
    Yup - the GB10 is still Japan made I gather. There is a lower end model which I presume is Korean. They're great guitars - top end Ibby has much higher quality control than Gibson so buying new is an option for me...but second hand is best!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16778
    I have always wanted one too, so this thread prompted an ebay search

then i find a birth year guitar!!

cant afford it, don't want to import etc.   but being born in 1980 usually means my birth year guitars are a peice of shit

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I have an Ibanez JP20 Joe Pass from 1980 - not shit I promise you @WezV , and that GB10 won't be either. As for GB10's, I always wanted a blonde one like Joni Mitchell's (or just a blonde like Joni Mitchell :D  )...

• Yup importing one would be a huge pain. Also, on the older ones, the pick guards have this issue sometimes where the plastic rots and leaches out a corrosive gas which can eat the chrome and finish. Replacements are tricky…hmmm, I should probably just hock a couple of instruments and buy a new one ;)
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I think I can say there is no pickguard rot issue for my JP20, and the pickguard looks to be made of exactly the same stuff as the one pictured above for the 1980 GB10 - so I'd guess anything around that date is OK in that respect. But treating yourself to a new one sounds like a nice idea! :)