Electric guitar kit ideas for a spring / summer project.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I've just started building a Gear4Music tele kit and I'll probably end up binning everything except the body and neck. Kits are a good place to start imo as they are cheap, contain everything you need to complete the guitar but also give the option of upgrading the hardware if you'd rather use better components from the start.

My kit will be built as-is, and then I'll upgrade the hardware and electronics later.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    Weirdly their pre-shaped bodies are cheaper than the wood blanks - confused.com
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Thought this may be of interest. http://www.rockinger.com/index.php?cat=WG04&lang=eng Fits into your price bracket. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    Hyster said:
    I'll watch this thread with interest, I'm very tempted to have a go at a first build but £400 or £500 quid is into Ishibashi territory and I'm not sure that a self build will be better than that  :|
    By all means get a cheap kit to start with, to learn with, but there's no reason why a careful novice with the correct approach could not do justice to parts which add up to that sort of money.

The road to "it's actually a good guitar now" might be longer, but when you get there you won't look at it the same way you do an off-the-shelf £400 guitar.