Ebay putting funds 'on hold' grrrrr

What's Hot
Remarkable!

Just sold a couple of pedals - the money was earmarked to pay for an item I'd won the night before. 

Both buyers have paid, but the money is 'on hold'. No idea why, paypal/ebay says it might have something to do with me proving I've sent off the items, but I always add tracking info to my ebay sales, they should know I post on time. I've got 100% feedback and sold plenty of items before.

So now I've got to scrabble around to pay for the item I won, which is a bit of a hassle. 

Not bothering with it again. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Yet another reason I haven't sold anything on Ebay in years and won't again.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Yet another reason I haven't sold anything on Ebay in years and won't again.

ditto

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    must be a reason....wont be you, but the other guys
    tae be or not tae be
  • hootsmon said:
    must be a reason....wont be you, but the other guys
    I dunno. I've checked their feedback and there's been no complaints.

Had a search on the net and this has happened to lots of people with lots of trades behind them, it's just plain daft.
  • Did EBay not start doing this to users who had below a set feedback level?

It might have only applied to newbies who have joined in the last few months though.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited September 2013
    I've bought two microphones via paypal/ebay in the past two weeks and both times I've been asked if I want to use some 'pay later' thing which automatically holds funds for a set period/possibly until I confirm I've received the item.

Personally I think it is BS and I've not used it, but I'm almost certain it got used against me once recently because the funds showed as received, but held until a specific date, but that the item was ok to ship.  There was an issue with it that time and I had to complain to paypal to get the funds released as they did not automatically release from the hold.  Luckily I was in no rush for the funds otherwise I probably would have said something to the seller.

I have recently seen ebay listings with 'I do not accept withheld paypal payments' disclaimers at the bottom so it is definitely a problem.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well that's just great, GFB.

Why can't we just have nice things!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I've bought two microphones via paypal/ebay in the past two weeks and both times I've been asked if I want to use some 'pay later' thing which automatically holds funds for a set period/possibly until I confirm I've received the item.
    I get no choice on that!?!? Everything I've bought for the past 6 weeks or so is on that and I can't seem to change it.