G&L tribute Comanche?

What's Hot
grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
Anyone have any experience with this guitar? Will the bridge give convincing high gain use?

I can't get away from the fact I'm a strat man at heart but I find them dull looking and I'm trying to find alternatives to my go to hss strats.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I can't speak for the Commanche but I've just got a tribute ASAT Bluesboy and the bridge pickup on that is ferocious. Everything else on the guitar is great aswell, really top notch build quality.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    calling Jamie Hartnoll !!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • hgtrshgtrs Frets: 3
    Thanks Jalapeno!

I have a USA Comanche and use it for just about everything.

It's not as twangy as a Strat, nor as harsh as a LP (or HB equipped Tele) however, it can do a pretty good approximation of just about anything.

I used to use it in a Pink Floyd cover band and for that, it was simply awesome. I'm now doing something completely different, playing sort of Funky/Soul stuff and it does that very well too. The edgy twanginess of a Strat is slightly missing for a true Niles Rodgers sort of funk tone, but for adding in some rocky drives and a more ballsy sound it is just great.

I've several other guitars and always find the G&L is the best all rounder.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    Thanks chaps, I guess I'll have to go try one out in person then. I don't mind it not having the spank of a strat but considering the bridge pickups unique shape fitting an aftermarket would be difficult so I need to see how much oomph the z cool has with high gain.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    The Tribute Comanche has been on my radar for a good year.

My only is the all black finish. I know older ones can be purchased in a non black finish, but to buy new, its black or black
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    Yeah I could see how that's annoying but I like black :D have all models been mahogany bodies?