Steven Seagal's guitar collection

What's Hot
TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
edited January 2015 in Music
Yes, his movies and music are shite - but he does have a pretty impressive collection of guitars. Am trying to find more info or a catalogue but stumbled upon this article from a number of years ago. He has Albert King's original "lost" 59 Flying V.

Anyone got anything to add?

http://www.vintageguitar.com/3813/albert-kings-flying-vs/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3959
    .....only that you're not including 'Under siege' in your description. Are you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I got conned by Steven Seagal with his guitars. He told me that if I cleaned his car for him he would leave me them in his will.  Not being an idiot I made him do the will change first, the I cleaned the car but it turns out the fuckers hard to kill.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4371

I found this list of his collection...

1- 1963 GIBSON FIREBIRD (SN 179292). NICKNAMED “WOODY” OWNED BY STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN WITH ALBERT KING’S MUDDY WATERS’ AND STEVIE’S NAMES CARVED IN THE BACK.
    2- 1959 GIBSON FLYING V (SN 9-1716), FORMERLY OWNED BY ALBERT KING. SEAGAL CALLS IT “THE MOST IMPORTANT BLUES GUITAR IN THE WORLD”.

3- GIBSON ES-355 IN CHERRY RED FINISH WITH BIGSBY TAILPIECE. ONE OF SEAGAL’S TWO FAVORITE- PLAYING GIBSONS.
    4- NEWER GIBSON LUCILLE SIGNED BY BB.KING AND GIVEN TO SEAGAL. NOTE AUTHENTIC BB.”SALT” STAINS.
    5- 1958 GIBSON LES PAUL GOLDTOP (SN 8 2074) WITH PAF HUMBUCKERS
    6- 1954 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN 6699) LEFTLY WITH MOCHA BROWN FINISH, MAPLE FRETBOARD, ANODIZED PICKGUARD, AND GOLD HARDWARE. SEAGAL CALLS IT “THE MOST INCREDIBLE STARTOCASTER ON EARTH”. HE PLAYS IT UPSIDE-DOWN, A LA ALBERT KING.
    7- 1954 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN 0208). EARLY, ’54, WITH SERIAL NUMBER ON BACKPLATE.
    8- 1957 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN 027412). BLOND “MARY KAYE” FINISH. ONE OF SEAGAL’S FAVORITE STRATOCASTERS
    9- 1965/’66 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN L-12518) IN LAKE PLACID BLUE.
    10- 1960 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN 57169) IN RARE EMERALD GREEN METALLIC
    11- 1962-’63 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN-76446( IN RARE RED SPARKLE METALLIC FINISH.
    12- 12 1965 JAZZMASTER (SN L64620) FORMARLY OWNED BY JIMI HENDRIX
    13- 1965 FENDER TELECASTER (SN L09958) IN LAKE PLACID BLUE. FORMARLY OWNED BY MUDDY WATERS
    14- 1968 FENDER TELECASTER (SN 250414) IN PINK PAISLEY FINISH, GIVEN TO SEAGAL BY JAMES BURTON.
    15- ALBERT COLLINS’ FENDER CUSTOM SHOP TELECASTER
    16- 1952 FENDER TELECASTER (SN 1484). VERY EARLY EXAMPLE WITH ASH BODY AND FLAME-MAPLE FRETBOARD.
    17- 1939s DOBRO RESONATOR (SN 2050) IN NATURAL FINISH WITH WIRE SCREEN HOLES
    18- LATE-’50S GIBSON ES 335 (SN 829051) WITH FACTORY BIGSBY AND “CUSTOM” PLATE OVER STUDS
    19- 1950 FENDER BROADCASTER (SN 0204) A WEIGHTY PRE-SWAMP-ASH EXAMPLE.
    20- 1954 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN 1101)
    21- 1954 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN 1094)
    22- 1955 FENDER STRATOCASTER (SN 6546)

On this page http://www.steven-seagal.net/xen/index.php?wiki/guitar-collection-of-steven-seagal/

It's an awful read though!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Hendrix's Jazzmaster, eh? Nice.
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I dig that Lucille with the sweat stains on it.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    Of course before playing any of his guitars he gets tanked up on his own "lightning Bolt" brand of energy drinks
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I saw that programme he did where he rides with cops to crimes or something, and he clearly hadn't been drinking it on that. He was like a wardrobe in a suit.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12076
    can he play better than he can act?
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4371
    ToneControl;471001" said:
    I'm pretty sure I saw some videos on MLP of him playing live. There is stuff on YT.

He should have stuck to aikido.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23534

Maybe, but what he does best of all is eat.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Anyone can play better than he acts.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16337
    He has done a couple of British tours. IIRC he had Bernard Allison in his band, that's one impressive hired hand.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    edited January 2015

You decide... he sure holds his guitar like people who've never ever picked up a guitar hold it... 
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Erm. That makes me feel uncomfortable watching that. Has he forgotten that he has 4 other fingers?

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7184
    That sounded fucking awful.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Was he actually playing that stuff or someone behind the curtain.?