Steve Jones

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
Been listening to Fire and Gasoline a lot and I have to say that I really love it:

The Professionals are pretty good too:

Anyone else here a Steve Jones fan?  Of course the Pistols were also great but I prefer his stuff after the Pistols.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Very underrated as a guitarist and musician IMO.

Far better than most "punk" guitarists, just held back by his musical choices (or more precisely, what's expected from him).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l;469881" said:
    Very underrated as a guitarist and musician IMO.

Far better than most "punk" guitarists, just held back by his musical choices (or more precisely, what's expected from him).

Yeah he definitely is underrated. There are some good videos of him playing with Loaded on YouTube (they do a good cover of Black Leather).

His tone on Fire and Gasoline is great, one of my favorite recorded Les Paul tones.

• Never heard his post-pistols stuff, save for the Neurotic Outsiders album he did with...ah, was it a Duran, a Guns n Rose and someone else famous? I forget. Quite enjoyed it, in a throwaway kind of way.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @RockNRollDave that is actually a great album IMO.  I only heard it for the first time last year :(
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16328
    Oddly enough he is mentioned in something I was reading yesterday, Steve played on some of the Generation X stuff ( can't remember what though). Busy boy.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Oddly enough he is mentioned in something I was reading yesterday, Steve played on some of the Generation X stuff ( can't remember what though). Busy boy.

I didn't know that, although couldn't find it listed on discogs.com.
    I'll check !, B-) Not unknown for me to be wrong...
    From the context I don't know how many other songs, if any, but in interview Billy Idol says Steve was on Dancing With Myself. The wiki page about the song also says it was Steve.
  • From the context I don't know how many other songs, if any, but in interview Billy Idol says Steve was on Dancing With Myself. The wiki page about the song also says it was Steve.
    Yeah I see.  It could well have been you know as they both came from the same era and scene.