1975 ac30 top boost 30 reverb value?

What's Hot
TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
Hi guys,

As above I've been offered one of these by a friend but neither of us are entirely sure of its current market value. It's been revalved and recapped so is sounding great. Cosmetically it's not bad, certainly seen a lot worse.

Does anyone have an idea of approximate value currently?

Cheers all

Mark
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 565
    edited January 2015
    Not the most desirable version in my view . . . Some even had MDF cabs I think ?? its only my opinion of course but I'd stay well away from it if I was you . . . Some of the members on this site are experts so I'd seek their opinions as thankfully they are usually pretty happy to help . .
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72933
    Check the cabinet material as maw4neu said - in 1975 it could well be ply but might be chipboard (particle-board). A '74-'75 should be a Dallas-built one, which are some of the best normally and have ply cabinets, but I'm not sure when they changed. (Vox experts will know.)

Reverb models are less desirable in general because the circuit is not the classic AC30. And check the speakers - they could well be silver Alnicos, which are much more desirable than the later Fanes.

I recently sold a full overhauled '74 non-reverb Dallas one with Alnicos in reasonable condition (torn grille cloth, missing logo, but otherwise quite tidy) for £750, if it matters. I would say a reverb model with a chipboard cab and Fanes could be worth as little as about £400.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    thank you for the responses chaps, much appreciated :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom