Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Terrible. :(
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    I knew he wasn't well, but that does somewhat take the shine off getting the remastered first Black Sabbath album for £2 in a charity shop yesterday.

:(

I will listen to it LOUD at the weekend anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I haven't listened to 13 yet. 

Am I missing out?

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    That's proper shit that is. I hope he maintains a good quality of life for as long as possible.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• :(

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I can't imagine that uncertainty, you must wake up each day wondering

How he managed to make and tour an album is incredible, fair play to him.  That takes real hard work and commitment
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

This is very sad news.

I bought my first Sabbath album just last month, 'Paranoid' I think its brilliant.

:(

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'm quite baffled by this to be honest, I read it this morning. He says there's a 30% chance of it being cured, and more likely for it to come back. My understanding of this cancer (a friend has just finished his treatment) is that it could/probably would come back but that could be in 20 years time, or not at all.

He seems to be saying positive words but not meaning them, if it came back it could be treated again with the same odds of a cure.

It strikes me that he's speaking like it's terminal but hasn't had any scans to know yet.

I dont mean that to sound cold, it's a horrible and terrifying disease that kills indiscriminately, and the fear or uncertainty looks to be getting the best of him.

Wish him and anyone else going through it all the best for their future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    d8m said:

Am I missing out?

not that much. Although it's not terrible. Just not classic Sabs.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    Suffers from lack of Bill Ward.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    ICBM said:
    Suffers from lack of Bill Ward.

true
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22949
    d8m said:

Am I missing out?

not that much. Although it's not terrible. Just not classic Sabs.

I find it's one of those albums which benefits from being played in random track order to add an element of surprise - there are a couple of good tracks but I tend to nod off before I get to them.

I hope Mr Iommi's around for a good while yet.  It sounds like he's (understandably) very worried about his condition but doesn't really know one way or another what's actually likely to happen.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    d8m said:

Am I missing out?
    Yes, in my opinion.

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

These days, cancer is viewed more as acute and chronic disease, rather than being in remission. The truth is, the majority of cancers are likely to return if they have enough time for 'cell adhesion' to take place. For example,  if an early 'fully encapsulated' tumour is removed, there is no guarantee that one cell never escaped which would later adhere to new tissue forming a secondary tumour. It may only take a month, or sixty years for 'cell adhesion' to happen, but there are no medical guarantees, only percentages worked out on previous survival data.

For those of us on the forum who have, or know someone with cancer, including cancer survivors. Every year we go through a series of tests to see, not if we are cured - but if the cancer has returned.  During the days of the pox, the saying would be 'one night with Venus, a lifetime with Mercury'. Until a cure is found for many cancers, I argue that one 'bout of cancer, is a lifetime of worry'.

I undertook a course with Bath university on Cancer and Genetics, I was able to speak directly with some of the worlds leading cancer research scientists and clinicians. I was amazed to find how many GPs and oncology consultants were also on the course, and further more, how much front line doctors 'don't' understand about cancer. It was an enlightening experience, and one that gave me a full understanding of what was going on in my body. That in itself empowered me to rationalise things, therefore giving me the ability to continue my life.

I imagine, Tony Iommi will be going through much uncertainty at the moment. He will have been given his cancer staging, grade and other information that will be used to assess his life chances.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Thanks for posting that. 

It is sad news, but when all's said and done he comes over as a bloke who knows about all of the uncertainty, seems to be coping and is above all soldiering on, making the very most of things. 

Typical Midlander really, and thank God for that. 

Rock on Tony.  
  • Great news
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Fantastic news.
    I am in awe of this man and the way he overcame his hand injury.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22949
    Bloody excellent news.  I feared the worst when I saw this thread had been updated.
  • Lovely news!

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi