Focus T25 training - anyone done it?

Comments

• Yeah the floor work is very tough. insanity max 30 is also brutal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did the plyometric circuit from Insanity on Saturday and my legs are still aching like fuck today lol. Too sore on Sunday so did an upper body workout with resistance bands. Working away from home this week so unlikely to have space in hotel for jumping about etc but I've taken my bands so hopefully get something in. 

Out of curiosity, those doing T25, did you buy it or acquire it by "other means"?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    edited January 2015
    Mid way through alpha week 2 finally getting a bit easier. I bought insanity and will probably buy insanity max 30 as depending how my knee goes may need the modifier option
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Borrowed it from a mate. His goal was conditioning to go skiing and he got what he wanted from it.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    End of week 3 for me tomorrow it's getting easier. Would like to try it for real oncey knees fixed.
  • After getting bored with P90 (thankfully borrowed) and falling off the exercise-wagon I started T25 on Monday.

It's tough but I'm getting through it.  I'm trying to keep up with the main program but have to take short breathers at times; only 5-10 seconds but I still want to eliminate them.  Only had to fall back the modifier for some of the jump moves such as the lunge squat progression from cardio - I can do a couple normally but then my legs give in. 

Total Body Circuit was the toughest but I got through it but with fewer reps than the main guys.

I did the double day yesterday but did one in the morning and the other in the evening rather than back to back.  Just don't have time for an hour work out (inc. cool down) in the morning.  The evening workout was cardio again and it was a bit easier than it was on Monday.  I'm glad today is a rest day though.
  • Just ordered it from Argos, they've got a 20% off promo code at the moment.

Just one question for those that are doing it...

I spend a lot of time in B&Bs so I can't always be jumping about without annoying other guests etc, could this be done using the modifiers or do you think it'd still be too noisy?

Normally, if I can't do a full Insanity workout while I'm away I'll try and do some low impact tabata or similar so at least I'm doing something.

• I don't think the modifier does much, if any, jumping around.  If both feet are leaving the ground she'll tend to step into the next position or rise up onto tiptoes depending on the move.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    What kind of results have you guys seen a month in?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• RedRabbit said:
    I don't think the modifier does much, if any, jumping around.  If both feet are leaving the ground she'll tend to step into the next position or rise up onto tiptoes depending on the move.
    Sounds like I might get away with doing while I'm working away then. That was always a problem with Insanity - unless I was in a ground floor room with enough space, which was rare. Some of the shit holes we end staying in you're lucky to get a toilet roll holder next to the sink!  X_X
    After 4 weeks I'm a bit more toned across the sholders but biggest benefit has been leg strength and flexibility.

This week I took off T25 and have been out on my mountain bike. Noticeable improvement in performance.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    not tried T25, but I fancy it at some point. People need ot be careful though, as you can get in serious trouble if you don't work up to it gradually.

I started heavy bag training recently. Now I'm reasonably fit, 20 years of running, 30 years of regularly going to the gym, and I have trained 5 days a week (circuits, weights, fitness) for the last 5 years or so. So.....I thought this boxing lark would be a doddle.

My arse. Its ridiculously exhausting. Love it, but its so so tiring. I've always known you have to be fit to box, but I don't think I'd any idea. And this is only hitting stuff, and imaginary avoidance (squatting, bobbing, bouncing round and that). Not even getting hit back!! 15 minutes of it, and I am more knackered than having done a half marathon!!

This morning was a few rounds of repetitive squatting, bounding up and rapid punching. Nearly barfed up.

• First day of T25 today, found it a lot easier than Insanity but was still drenched by the end of it. Had to drop down to the modifiers on a few moves, mainly because my arches were aching. I reckon that will improve as I get used to the different moves though.  The 25 minutes flew by whereas Insanity could feel like it was never ending at times so another bonus there. 
    I'm not planning on following the nutrition plan, I eat fairly healthily anyway but I intend to cut my alcohol intake down as that's bumping my calories up quite a bit. 
    @longtallronnie Was it Speed 1.0 you started with?
  • @Ionian, no it was the Cardio workout. Took a while to get myself coordinated with some of the moves!
    I ticket it off as "barely made it" as I stopped to catch my breath a couple of times and used a few modifiers but looking forward to the next one. 
    @longtollronnie I'd watch the Speed 1.0 video and make sure you do the moves with good form. They are pretty heavy on the feet/ankles - you need to get you weight and alignment right to land them correctly.
  • Thanks for the tip, I'll have a peek tomorrow. :)
  • I did speed 1.0 this morning (week 2, day 3).  Felt much easier than the first time and is the first time I've gone through one of the workouts with out having to grab a quick breather at any point or follow the modifier.  I'm feeling oddly proud about it.

Now I just need to eliminate the few times I tripped over my own feet!
  • Just had a look at Speed 1.0, looks complicated! The ab intervals look bloody horrible as well. :-SS
  • Ab intervals isn't too bad but you really do start too feel it by the time the 25 minutes is up.  Other than stretching on Sunday it was probably the easiest part of the first week.  That could have been something to do with it being the day after total body circuit though - that one's bloody tough.