Haven't Heard it in Ages.

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5882
Funny how you almost forget some of your favourite bands from years gone by. I went into my Rock collection tonight and banged this on.

What a Band, what a tune!

Have you had the same pleasure recently?

That is all.

:-)
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Just posted a stack of JJ72 stuff into the "Today I have been listening too" thread!
  • Funny how you almost forget some of your favourite bands from years gone by. I went into my Rock collection tonight and banged this on.

What a Band, what a tune!

Have you had the same pleasure recently?

That is all.

Did you know they have a new album coming out next month @Bellycaster ?

I'm not so sure about the title track but hopefully the rest of the album should be good! They definitely had a string of quality albums. Laughing on Judgment Day and Behind Closed Doors were great, as was Backstreet Symphony! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Didn't know that @Octahedron

They've released more albums than I thought they had and only realised yesterday they were still hitting the top 40 in the charts as late as 2004. I'll have a look out for the new album and I'll probably familiarise myself with their post 1995 stuff, as I don't think I heard anything after that period.

I went to see them at Sheffield University (Octagon Centre) in 1990 and that was a great gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Haven't heard that for ages. Good days back then for british rock with Thunder, The Little Angels and The Almighty.
  • Little Angels, Scarborough's finest @not_the_dj
  • Bellycaster;473625" said:
    Didn't know that @Octahedron

They've released more albums than I thought they had and only realised yesterday they were still hitting the top 40 in the charts as late as 2004. I'll have a look out for the new album and I'll probably familiarise myself with their post 1995 stuff, as I don't think I heard anything after that period.

I went to see them at Sheffield University (Octagon Centre) in 1990 and that was a great gig.
    @Bellycaster - it's not worth listening to Giving the Game Away. If that's post-95, avoid it like the plague. Your life will be better for it! Shooting at the Sun, The Magnificent Seventh, Robert Johnson's Tombstone, and (to a certain degree) Bang! all have good songs on them!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Thanks for the tip @Octahedron