ACS custom ear plug users

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    gusman2x said:
    @thomasw88 let us know how you get on with them. I use 17s for practice, but not for gigging. Also, was it easy to change the filters over?
    will do.

filters just prise out using a thin edge.  hopefully they won't pop out during a gig!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

@thomasw88 How was the gig with the 10s Vs the 17s?

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    edited January 2015
    It was ok, volume levels were much better and I found that I was able to hear the guitar quite a bit better than with the 17s. I did must of the gig with just one plug in tho which worked quite well as it blocked out the drums a bit.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

Cool thanks man. I think I'll be doing my next gig with just one plug as well, as I've got bother with my left ear.

• This might sound ridiculous but after weeks of use (well, once per week, anyway!) I find them easier to slide in and out of my ear canal. Maybe my ears are like play-doh and opening up lol
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Well I got mine.... And to be honest first impressions aren't great. They feel comfortable enough. At the start of the session they sounded great, and the sound was balanced nicely. But after about an hour my ears felt blocked up, and I was struggling to hear any of my vocals from the PA. I took them out to check if they were blocked with wax, but they weren't. I'll have to see how the fair up at the gig on Sat.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    This might sound ridiculous but after weeks of use (well, once per week, anyway!) I find them easier to slide in and out of my ear canal. Maybe my ears are like play-doh and opening up lol
    That's pretty normal from my experience and band mates who've got similar plugs. 
  • harpoharpo Frets: 177
    I'm fairly new yo IEMs and have got a pair of shure 315's with an ordinary tip on them. If I got a custom moulded job for the shures would this isolate better? I'm assuming it would, but would I still pick up the rest of the band from the stage mics? At the moment I can hear the highs of the rest of the band too much and my ears are still slightly ringing after a gig as I've had to turn my ears up to hear my vox
  • This might sound ridiculous but after weeks of use (well, once per week, anyway!) I find them easier to slide in and out of my ear canal. Maybe my ears are like play-doh and opening up lol
    That's pretty normal from my experience and band mates who've got similar plugs. 
    Good to know! :)