Why aren't you as good as this small boy from Nashville?

What's Hot

Phenomenal.

I think he's 19 in this video.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72677

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    LOL awarded.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Phenomenal.

I think he's 19 in this video.
    I'd love to say it was cos when I was his age i had a girlfriend instead of playing guitar all day......but i didn't have a girlfriend.and i played guitar all day. Yay. Go me. :/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd love to say it was cos when I was his age i had a girlfriend instead of playing guitar all day......but i didn't have a girlfriend.and i played guitar all day. Yay. Go me. :/
    Me too :(

I bet he's not as good at drinking as I am though!

@koss59 tells me he plays 4 nights a week in that bar in Nashville.
  • I was getting a bit "meh" with it, until the solo between 2:29 and 3:05. Bloody impressive to keep the sustained pace up all the way to the end there - kid done good :)
    <space for hire>
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited January 2015
    Well that was depressing. Maybe I'll just watch TV tonight instead of starting to record that album I've been meaning to start to record for the last 10 years.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10467

I've been in that bar, makes me wish I was still in Nashville I love the place
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I was getting a bit "meh" with it, until the solo between 2:29 and 3:05. Bloody impressive to keep the sustained pace up all the way to the end there - kid done good :)
    To be fair, from what I've seen, he seems to be able to do all the flashy stuff but also be tasteful when it's needed. Seems like quite a balanced and varied player when needed.

http://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.do?itemid=121923&subsiteid=7

Daniel Donato - The New Master of the Telecaster. Might have to treat myself :)
  • Danny1969 said:

I've been in that bar, makes me wish I was still in Nashville I love the place
    I wanna go now!
  • Lovely stuff. Tasteful but with some real flash thrown in as @digitalscream pointed out. Would have been nice to hear something apart from the bridge pickups on those guitars though.
  • Don Kelly has a reputation in country circles, similar to John Mayall with his Bluesbreakers in Blues, I was there in 2010 when he had JD Simon playing with him. Awesome.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Very nice. Good wholesale lick-steal from Eric Johnsons Cliffs of Dover at 45 seconds too.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15636
    at that age I was waaaaaaaay too busy being a 2nd rate soldier, a 10th rate boxer and a millionth rate rugby player. I like to think they have stood me in far better stead than if I'd taken up guitar...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15994
    obviously a child prodigy.......methinks it's about time we had a catholic one
    tae be or not tae be
  • I strongly believe there are certain ways to play, technique-wise, and that some people just stumble upon them a lot quicker than others. Some never bother to fix their technique, so never progress in that sense. Or maybe it's just insane amounts of practice.