Line 6 DT amps pretty good?

gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
I was thinking of taking a punt on a DT50 combo as they seem to be very cheap atm and got good reviews. I'm after something that might replace my Switchblade 100 and Orange TH-30 heads and 2x12 cab...just tired of carting the big amps around.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ooooo....K

I'll take that as a no then :)
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Give it a chance, we'll turn up! 

I'll bite, since nobody else has.  I don't have one but a mate who I play with regularly has bought one and is using it for a touring tribute show and a few other bits.  He's made up with it - has other nice amps to choose from, an AC30 and a Marshall or two, but (for particular gigs where he needs a range of sounds and for them to be consistent from show to show) he loves it.  Sounds great.
  • I had DT25 head plus 112 cab and it was really good. Plenty of volume, 4 great voiced modes - looks really good too once You remove the bulky logo.
    For that price at thomann or Anderton's it's a steal really. I guess if amp like that would've came out from a manufacturer with better reputation it'd be much more successful.
    Mine was eating through valves like mad though, even rebiased and very careful used
    I had to revalve it's power tubes three times over 18 months. But I don't think that's very common with those amps.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    I had the DT25 combo, loved it! 4 great amps in one or using midi acess to 20 more. Low power mode was excellent too. I'd like another layer in the year if I can.
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    I love mine - get a M-Audio usb midi thing and you can use DT Editor free software to access all the different preamp modes. Soldano one is fantastic, as is the Fender clean.

rated at 50 watts but holy shit it's a loud 50 watts
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I really like it.