NAD Blackstart HT-5210

d8md8m Frets: 2434

Went in planning on getting a HT-5R but they had just got one of these in.

Finally upgraded from my VT20+ !

:)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Oooo nice. Enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1649

Oooo!

Did not know of this! Must have thought there was a "niche"?

Dave.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72933
    I liked the HT-5R better than the non-reverb one anyway, but I do tend to prefer two-speaker amps. It's a nice-looking box too.

Classic Leo Fender approach - make the same basic circuit available in several power and speaker configurations and you cover much more of the market for the same amount of R&D. (All the Blackface amps from the Deluxe up to the Dual Showman were essentially the same circuit.)

You could make it even more versatile if you put two different speakers in too, gives you the choice for mic'ing. Maybe something like a G10N-40 and a Ten 30, or a Greenback and a Jensen C10 if they wanted to go upmarket, although that would increase the cost if they have to buy from different vendors.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Nice :D
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16328
    Never seen one of them before. Enjoy :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Drive channel is a beauty!

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1649

Might actually be G10N-40s in there anyway IC.

They were used in the MK1 HT-5 and I never read anything bad about them (not even from you mate!)

On the "mix 'n' match" front how about throwing some ideas at B's? I shall kick off with.......

ID 60 twin 8 R 10's.

Dave.

• CapeloCapelo Frets: 17
    Nice! Had no clue these existed. Let us know what you think after a few days. Maybe it's time for me to upgrade from my HT-1R
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72933
    edited January 2015
    ecc83 said:

Might actually be G10N-40s in there anyway IC. 

They were used in the MK1 HT-5 and I never read anything bad about them (not even from you mate!)

On the "mix 'n' match" front how about throwing some ideas at B's?

Yes, I like the G10N-40. It seems a decent speaker even though it's not one of the more 'premium' ones. I haven't tried the Ten 30 yet - from the description it sounds like it might be more "Greenbackish" to the G10N's more "G12H-30-ish" so the two could be a good mix.

I would assume they would want to stick with Celestion and with non-premium models for the HT series, although an upmarket one with better speakers, eg the G10 Greenback and maybe a G10 Vintage (although it's not my favourite) might be good too. Even I probably wouldn't suggest a Gold :).

ecc83 said:
    ID 60 twin 8 R 10's.
    I didn't think the ID60 chassis was quite 20" long, although I could be wrong - the handbook seems to suggest the cabinet is 22" wide so it could just be! If it is that would fit nicely. I still think you're better to use an 8R internal speaker load and allow an extension cab though. I know… ;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein