Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Gibson Midtown

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• It kind of reminds me of an alternative stringed instrument like a parlour acoustic or one of those cuatro things.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    ICBM said:
    rpr said:
    I kinda like like it-tho something about the same dont look right-maybe the angle the pics were taken at ?
    Wrong neck joint position - they've put it at the 16th fret like the ES135, and single-cut semis need it at the 14th. This makes all the hardware too far forward on the body, in particular the gap between the tailpiece and the bridge is too big.

And it looks like it has a flat top, like the 335 ones did - but because you're expecting it to be arched, it actually looks like it's dished instead.

Horrible.
    Totally agree!  Really didn't think I'd notice, then clicked on the link and it just looks completely like everythings been shunted forward on the guitar.

I thought the old style midtowns looked really good value at £1k; these new ones not so much.
  • ICBM said:

Does it play like butter?
    Don't know, but it looks like it melted in the middle.
    And so did I when I first saw it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Looks better in the horizontal full length picture than the vertical body only one where the body looks weird.
    If it was an Epiphone pawn shop special for £500 maybe we would be praising Gibson for doing something brave?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I had an original midtown and for me it really shouldn't have worked at all. It was the orrible natural colour it had a flat top it was neck heavy and it had burst buckers in it and a pretend wooden fretboard! Everything I don't like in a guitar. Trouble was it played great and sounded even better! Still looked like an old man's guitar to me though!
  • rockmonster;47417" said:
    I had an original midtown and for me it really shouldn't have worked at all. It was the orrible natural colour it had a flat top it was neck heavy and it had burst buckers in it and a pretend wooden fretboard! Everything I don't like in a guitar. Trouble was it played great and sounded even better! Still looked like an old man's guitar to me though!
    That one started its life with me. Always wished I'd bought the burst instead.