SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT PRS pickups (HFS/VB) SOLD

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751
edited January 2015 in Guitars £

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751
    bump...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    If I don't find any trade takers for my McCarty I have listed I'd be quite tempted to try these in it
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751

grungebob said:
    If I don't find any trade takers for my McCarty I have listed I'd be quite tempted to try these in it
    What has it got at the moment?  Regular Mcarty pickups?    I didn't mind them but a little wooly at high gain, these are tighter with more high mid if that's your thing.
    I fitted some 59/09 and the lead sound is slightly better than the hfs but the two pickups combined isn't as sweet - it was very chimey and I'll miss that.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    Yeah stock McCarty's which as you say are nice and woody but that's not what I'm going for. I had the hfs/vb set in my last ce before I had to get rid of it and it was glorious bought the McCarty last year but ideally I want another ce failing that I'll buy these if they've not been snapped up