N.A.D. VOX AD50VT !

What's Hot
marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
edited January 2015 in Amps
As above, great plug and play amp. For home noodling and recording.
Not a mark on it, looks brand new !
Really pleased .... so far. ..
bit of tweaking and reading manual, simple to use and some pretty good sounds!
Cheers Mark. :-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They're really rather good, are they not?

I liked the AC30TB and the UK70s models the most. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    got an ad15vt. Nice amps - wouldn't say no to a bigger one, cheap!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I had an AD50VT as a backup amp for a couple of years - quite often ended up using it at rehearsals as it was light and sounded really rather decent.  I've certainly owned far worse sounding amps, and several of those had a full compliment of glowing bottle thingies in them.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • Thanks for the comments ;)
    took a couple of months to find it !
    Mine is mint , only had it 3 days, simple to use and couldn't be happier!
    Not tried any pedals with it yet. ... is there any tips with what works or not?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers Mark.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the comments ;)
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers Mark.
    User feedback is that it works well with most (but not all) pedals. But then the same can be true of other amps too (eg Blackstar). 

The AD50VT doesn't have the bells and whistles of the later versions but the good things are it comes with a bona-fide Celestion speaker, it has an 8 Ohm extn cab out (although the internal speaker cuts off when this is used), and most 2-button footswitches work with it to switch chnnels.  It can only store 2 patches, but it's a nice sounding amp with good tone and plenty of punch.  If ever you were thinking of mods, I can tell you now that the best and most popular one is to have an FX loop installed and insert a simple 7-band stomp EQ in the loop - it's like taking off a blanket you didn't know was there!

Have a look in over at Valvetronix.net - tons of info on these amps, and especially check out the FAQ section with tips/tricks, e.g.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for reply VOXMAN!
    I had a no brand THOMANN 2 button footswitch that I was using for my vox Cambridge !
    my vox Cambridge developed a humming noise after about 10mins playing. And to be honest wasn't happy with the sound of it
    :-(.
    just working out what to do with my old Cambridge 30r single 10' speaker ?
    cheers Mark.
  • Happy NAD.  Those amps sounds very nice indeed.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    Voxman said:
    Thanks for the comments ;)
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers Mark.

If ever you were thinking of mods, I can tell you now that the best and most popular one is to have an FX loop installed and insert a simple 7-band stomp EQ in the loop - it's like taking off a blanket you didn't know was there!

@Voxman
    At the risk of asking a silly question:
    Does the same apply for an ad15vt, would you say?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    edited January 2015
    Voxman said:
     If ever you were thinking of mods, I can tell you now that the best and most popular one is to have an FX loop installed and insert a simple 7-band stomp EQ in the loop - it's like taking off a blanket you didn't know was there!

@Voxman
    At the risk of asking a silly question:
    Does the same apply for an ad15vt, would you say?
    Definitely - and many folk have done this to make their small amps sound a bit bigger and fuller, and with a bit more volume.  There are even tech articles with details at Valvetronix.net
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Thanks, @Voxman - I'll look into that!