Ceriatone launching (lunching) new range of Lunchbox amps

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12076
edited January 2015 in Amps
Facebook page says:

Massive Platform Change in Progress.
5E3, Champ, Prinzetone to be on one lunchbox platform (still eyelets).
TW Expression, Liverpull, Rock It! as well (still turrets).

All will be same sized chassis, to fit the new lunchbox head and combo cabs, which we're working to stock up in the hundreds.

Blackface and Brownface types coming as well.

A new variant of SSS (to fit the regular OTS cabs) will be introduced as well.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That sounds awesome. 

What's the low down on Ceriatone, techies? 

I still think I'll probably be getting an MJW or a cool old amp and having MJW fix it up but...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12076
    MJW used to build some Ceriatones on request, I have one Martin made, it's an excellent 100w Dumble HRM
    I've had about 6 other Ceriatones, all excellent, I still have one - a Dumble John Mayer-type one (BM50)
    I ordered 3 new from Malaysia, everything went like clockwork

• Sheeite!!!

I'm having a lunchbox TW Expression!!!! :O
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    MJW used to build some Ceriatones on request...

I still offer that option, but if you just want an 'off-the-shelf' Ceriatone, they tend to be cheaper if you order directly. I tend to do ones with upgraded trannies and my own cabinets. Plus I can offer a realistic warranty.

Nik is a great guy to deal with, and a true enthusiast.

In the case of most of the usual 'clones' I can source parts from the UK/US/Europe and build something a bit more special IMO than the standard Ceriatone examples, with better trannies, cabinet and sensible design tweaks, so that's what I prefer to do.

martinw said:
    MJW used to build some Ceriatones on request...

I still offer that option, but if you just want an 'off-the-shelf' Ceriatone, they tend to be cheaper if you order directly. I tend to do ones with upgraded trannies and my own cabinets. Plus I can offer a realistic warranty.

Nik is a great guy to deal with, and a true enthusiast.

In the case of most of the usual 'clones' I can source parts from the UK/US/Europe and build something a bit more special IMO than the standard Ceriatone examples, with better trannies, cabinet and sensible design tweaks, so that's what I prefer to do.

that's great for us:
    we have the off the shelf version assembled by Nik's team,
    or the customised UK-built version from Martin

btw some of you guys should look at the SSS spec too - not seen in the wild often

You don't find amps like MJW & Ceriatone in high street shops, hand-made boutique amps for Chinese PCB production line  prices
    Only the USA boutique stuff is on this level, for £3k+

• Sheeite!!!

I'm having a lunchbox TW Expression!!!! :O
    *edit* I'm an idiot - I assumed this meant a line of pre-built chinese lunchbox amps, presumably it's not?
    Ceriatone amps are made to order, in Malaysia, by hand, onto eyelet and turret boards, typically for £800-£1200
    I'd guess they are probably the largest producer of handwired amps in the world at present
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380

Have you tried a Lazy J or a Cornell Plexi?

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    edited January 2015
    I've got three, a 1987, a Dizzy30 and an OTS. All are really nice amps though the Dizzy30 doesn't really suit me, its more of a players amp than a pedal platform which I need.

Looking forward to seeing what Blackface amp Nik comes up with . And the SSS, I wasn't that bothered by the current SSS with it not having the post PI driver tube, I would really like to give one of those a run out, should be an excellent pedal platform.

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    A Ceriatone Overtone Special is my dream amp. I've heard nothing but praises for the make. 
    edited January 2015
    breadfan said:

I'm talking about companies that are bigger than 1-2 people, certainly there are UK builders who make this amps at this quality level. Mind you, Lazy J and Cornell both approach USA boutique prices
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    breadfan said:

I'm talking about companies that are bigger than 1-2 people, certainly there are UK builders who make this quality amps. Lazy J and Cornell are both approach USA boutique prices
    Fair enough.

I've always thought it was just Nik & a staff of two or three. I didn't realise they'd become so popular.

It's well deserved - the amps I've tried have been excellent & Nik's a great guy to deal with.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    They look just perfect :)