Queen + Adam Lambert

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
Went to the O2 last night to see them.  Very impressed.

Did a lot more rockier numbers than just the power ballads from the New Year's Eve TV gig.

AL is as camp as a very camp thing, but he does command the stage without straying into Freddie impersonator territory.  The guy can really sing !  Main thing is that May/Taylor seemed to be having a blast, and respect him.

Big cheer for the picture of John Deacon in the video montage for These Are The Days of our Lives (sung by Roger Taylor, and re-titled Those Were the days ...)
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I'm a big fan of the collaboration. Lambert is a perfect fit whilst not trying to be any kind of Freddie tribute. I think it's fantastic that such worthy material can still be played live.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Is there any stuff that Q+AL have actually put out? Like, any professional live footage, studio recordings etc? 

I never could get into Queen + Paul Rodgers. The two work as separate entities. But Q+PR never worked for me. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Sure to be a DVD at some point.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I bought the Q+PR live album, and it worked (sort of) because PR wasn't trying to be Freddie at all. Lambert is such a good fit though, great voice, camp vibe, degree of showmanship, big voice, and yet still avoids being a Mercury tribute. 

I can't help thinking that a live release would be better than writing new material though.