Opinions of eminence tonker speakers?

BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 154
edited January 2015 in Amps
Evening all. As the title says I'm after your opinions on the tonker by eminence. Posts the tonkerlite also. On paper they seem pretty Damn good. So off you go gents. Do your worst.
Thanks
Bo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nobody got any experience with these?
  • davedavedavedave Frets: 114
    I've had a little bit of time with one.
    They're loud, very loud.
    The general consensus is that they're a good substitute for Fanes.
    I really liked them.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    I've got one in a homebuilt 1x12 cab that I use with a Traynor YSR-1 head.  I think it's a great-sounding speaker...full, bright and a really solid low end that won't mush out under heavy volume.  I've read a lot of stuff online about people finding the mids being overbearing or spiky, but I can't say I've found that with the few amps I've tried it with.  They do take a lot of breaking in though,
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • Yes I've read that they are loud but efficiency is something Thats a must. How do you mean hard to break in? Most speakers have a period of breaking in.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Yes I've read that they are loud but efficiency is something Thats a must. How do you mean hard to break in? Most speakers have a period of breaking in.
    Just that they're high-power speakers (rated 150W), so unless you're hitting them hard and loud then you're only really tickling them.  I'm primarily playing mine fairly clean, and I liked the sound pretty much straight off the bat for those tones...I like my treble!  I have heard complaints that the Tonker sounds a bit fizzy with heavily driven/distorted tones, but that it smooths out considerably when broken in.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!