Flight cases- any recommendations?

What's Hot
First post after a month or so of lurking. Just purchased the 68 custom deluxe reverb and I've decided id quite like to put it in a flight case to preserve it's handsome looks. Can anyone recommend a flight case manufacturer that doesn't charge nearly half of what I paid for the amp in the first place? Has anyone ever built one ? Or is it just a financial hit I'm going to have to take to protect my amps bonny silver bracket ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You could buy mine? I'll check dimensions for you, hold on
  • Oh, you'd need to get some extra foam cut - it's bigger than your amp!
  • Castle Cases in Tamworth were absolutely brilliant with my case :) The price was brilliant as well, super high-quality and well constructed. You can really tell that these guys take their job seriously.

instagram.com/p/xz0PSVAtFE/?modal=true
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3597
    Making one off's will cost more than to buy.

The flightcase warehouse (aka spider engineering) do some decent enough low cost items but there are a myriad of makers out there.

Thomann have a range of affordable cases, ALWAYS get good BIG wheels that can take the abuse of rough concrete because at some time they will need to.
    Look at hardcase.com for some lightweight alternatives. If you are proper touring though get the best and don't cheap out.
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    edited January 2015
    We've used Pack Horse for a few cases and they're very good. www.packhorse.co.uk/ 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• Have had great value /quality from Swan Flight before.
  • Will check all of these out, thanks for the advice guys
  • what @ESBlonde said about Thomann.de ... I have two of their thon cases with wheels.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself