NGD:The Last of the Jookies

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
I finished this the other day, but only now have a camera, so..

From the top it is based on the look of a Ricky 600 series body, but it is a semi and made of ash, so not so close... It has a 'time-stained' old white finish which feels lovely and I like if nobody else does :)

Neck is a posh Warmoth one made from Anigre with a slab Kingswood 'board and is utterly gorgeous.

Pickups are a pair Marc Ransley of Mojo Pickups made for this guitar - Toaster sized, but housing a pair of his rather groovy Gold Foil re-issues. If you have not heard them, they are lush - TV Jones crossed with a P90 with bags of sustain. He also did the wiring loom-  top quality CTS pots, Switchcraft this, PIO that - you know the score.

Finishing it off is a genuine Bigsby B5 with a Ricky-esque bridge to complete the look.

I'm rather loving it right now :)

More pix, all the gen Here

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Nice ! B-)

Is it THE last Jooky ? :-O
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234

Jalapeno said:
    Nice ! B-)

Probably... I've been having a rethink over the summer and will prob still do some guitars, but a bit different...

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Looks excellent very tasteful sir
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Looks the tits. Great job.
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    That's really lovely - I'm not normally much of a Ricky fan but if they were to do one like that things might be different...
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    edited August 2013
    JookyChap said:
    Probably... I've been having a rethink over the summer and will prob still do some guitars, but a bit different...
    Oh Noes !!!!!! 

:(

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    JookyChap said:
    Oh Noes !!!!!! 

:(
    What he said  :((
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2899
    Wow bloody wow!!!
    Want!!!!! :)
    Cheers Immy - think I might just keep this one though - I'm Jookiless...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Going out with a bang. :)
    I just told Mrs_MD who I force... sorry who loves to read NGD threads about this and she said if she had a cap she'd remove it out of respect  :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Adam_MD said:
    she said if she had a cap she'd remove it out of respect  :D

:-O

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    Adam_MD said:
    she said if she had a cap she'd remove it out of respect  :D

:-O
    Now that would make quite an epitaph...

• Make guitars out of Human Bones!
    Old Is Gold
    Make guitars out of Human Bones!
    Cool idea :)

Are you donating?

• JookyChap said:

Jalapeno said:
    Nice ! B-)

does that mean those of us that have one now have a guitar that will appreciate considerably over the years to come, and that i can sell mine in twenty or so years and live happily ever after on the proceeds..

sorry for posting in an old thread only just joined after finding MR down. been offline for months due to illness and computer being in storage due to home renovations

• I always like the guitars Jooky makes but I could never pull the trigger due to the marker pen headstock. 
    It seems to always spoil what is an otherwise great job.

I appreciate many will like that aspect but for me after all the time and effort it seems a shame to scrawl something on to the headstock in marker pen. Especially after the rest of the guitar is so well done.

If the ricky clone had a colour matching headstock and Printed logo I think I would be throwing money at it like a mad man. 

Hope I haven't offended, that was not my intention
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @TheCureFan - Good to see you on here Geoff..feel bad I never emailed you now (oops)

Yes, they are going for crazy money, you wouldn't credit it. Wish I hadn't sold them all, I could be retiring.  :) The daft thing is there are a few people who collect them.

@meltedbuzzbox - Yes, all a bit Marmite in lots of ways - and I must admit I've had more people asking me to either use a decal or put a Fender logo on them than I can remember, but they are what they are. Saying that, the rather clever @Basher has done me a nice logo and when I finally make some more they will have that on the headstock - or the paisley bit will anyway. Which people won't like either, but I do and that's only ever been the bit that really mattered ;) The Ricky one is in Finland now, and there won't be any more (after the cease and desist attention of some American types, especially)

• TheCurefanTheCurefan Frets: 3
    edited October 2013
    JookyChap;53921" said:
    @TheCureFan - Good to see you on here Geoff..feel bad I never emailed you now (oops)

Yes, they are going for crazy money, you wouldn't credit it. Wish I hadn't sold them all, I could be retiring.  :) The daft thing is there are a few people who collect them.

Better late than never. Everything was fine when i packed the computer up, come back no more MR, couple of sax forums I frequent gone. See from another thread you got your 'nipple' bus pass. did you ever sort out a blue badge?

Shall be keeping mine, there's too much of me in it to sell it on.

Yeah, all mod cons - blue badge, little plastic three-wheeler in daphne blue.. ;)