SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Amps For Sale - Vox Wangs (Birmingham)

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9885
edited October 2013 in Amps £

EDIT: Following a bit of a GAS related discussion on amps, I got stoked very much for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe which I've now bought, yay me. Thusly to fund said Hot Rod I need to sell the following, could I put the feelers out for any potential interest?

Blackstar HT5R 1x12. SOLD

Wangs VT15 valve amp head. This one’s an unusual one! It’s a Chinese manufactured amp, 15 watts, FX loop, very heavy for the size, it is quite chunky. It sounds to me like an overdriven Fender, not played much on it to know how it fairs at lower gain but I’ll try and record it a few ways to show you what it can do. Reminds me of those VHT Special 6 amps, but is much louder. It sounds brilliant through a big cab, a 2x12 or a 4x12. Has high and low inputs, a couple of speaker out options, standby switch. Google I think has a smattering of information on this but I’ll do some photos and recordings at the first opportunity. I paid £90 second hand (but it’s in perfect condition), so around that mark would be what I’d be looking for. I bet you all secretly want a Wangs!

Vox Lil Night Train amp and cab set. Great mini amp, gorgeous looking, cool Vox-y tone with matching 1x10 cab. Has a headphone out which is quite handy, treble and bass controls, a tone bypass switch which gives a cool fuzzy tone. Gain up to 12 o clock is a fairly gentle crunch, after 12 o clock is much more boosted and heavier. Has a master volume. Still in beautiful condition as it’s very much a house amp. I still have a box for the amp but not the cab. I owned this from new, they cost £189 + £89 so maybe £150 for the two?

I’ll try to get some photos for each of these, recordings of the Wangs amp, and for the other two if people are interested

I'm based in Birmingham so meeting up around there somewhere would be ideal as they are quite big to post. Would also be interested in trading up to a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe as above but I know the likelihood of that for these three amps is not great!
Thanks

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments