SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bass player required in Edinburgh area.

What's Hot
Hi folks,

It's a long shot...but I'm looking for a bass player in Edinburgh.

I have the nucleus of a new band with female vox, myself on guitar and currently a couple of drummers floating around. At present the singer and I are writing songs together on acoustic but I really want to get those barebones ideas into a room with some good players and explore ideas and refine them down a bit.

The songs are currently straight ahead rock songs but both the singer and I would like to explore making things a bit more...experimental maybe.

So we need a bass player that can really play, is interested in spending time developing original songs, and is open to making the bass more of a participant than usual...

If you're interested, or you know anyone who might be, let me know.

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Damn… I got quite interested until I got to the bit about "can really play".

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Are your talents not fully utilised elsewhere, @icbm ?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Yes, pretty much. Although having had to cancel band practice for four straight weeks in a row due to various members (but no-one's actual fault), I read your thread…

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    The guys I know in Edinburgh are William Oke and Jamie Rosie
    Both are busy though but both are whores
    Andy Blair is pretty good too
    Chris Tracey is a good player but quite 80s
    You can FB most if not all of them
  • Good info, I'll check them out, too (just out of interest)