Sweet Child of really annoying....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Those same, slightly older pub cliental who insist on hearing SCoM, and are old enough to remember '87/88, back in the earlier days of Appetite, dismissed it as heavy metal trash.  They are hypocrites of the highest order. 

IF SCoM was good, it was ONLY so because of the intricate guitar interactions between Izzy and Slash, even though it s a simple three chord song, it needs a 5 piece band to nail it.  Sick of hearing it from two people and a drum machine at a venue without a licence, thinking it will do because the singer can sing it.

These hypocrites need a good dose of Mr Crowley DAP fisting, Flying HIgh, No Bone Moviies, Bark at the Moon or any Ozzy song which is essentially a single guitar part song and truely playable with two people playing it, plus you can add a 10 minute stand alone guitar solo in their too.

Do you know how many years I suffered before Guns and Roses became mainstream?

I was wearing cowboy boots everyday and three years later I see them appearing for sale in the mens fashion departments by which time I had moved on.

GNR sounds shyte on a single guitar.  These audiences have no idea.  And arm tattoos, back in the day they were a badge of honour of a seasoned rocker and expensive.  These days every poofter has em and tatt palours are everywhere.

Hypocrites....lol

I remain embittered and unemployable.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    And Viz, you may have your life, but how can you live with the guilt on your conscience?  Seriously that sounds scary man.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • @Sambostar I think you may be taking things a little personally. 

My point was not about guys who were around in the 80's, but girls who are now in their 20's who have never heard of Mr Crowley, Bark At The Moon, etc but go nuts for SCOM, Mr Brightside and Sex On Fire
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Sambostar said:
    GNR sounds shyte on a single guitar.  These audiences have no idea. 
    We did "November Rain" -- a really pretty Lithuanian girl asked for it -- we hadn't brought the orchestra so we did it with a harmonica, and okay just a single guitar.  It may have needed another guitar but I think we got away with it.  :)