Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Music video that means most to you.

What's Hot
koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4138
edited February 2015 in Music
Driving to Cornwall with a mate today, we was talking music and videos, and I was saying how much the Johnny Cash video Hurt shocked me.
I had pretty much grown up with Johnny Cash in my household, my father sang his songs round the clubs, he had met him a few times etc, that I knew his songs so well it was part of me. 
Then the video came on TV when I was reading or something and I dropped my book, as at first I could not believe who it was. Then the look in Cash's eyes as he stared at the screen, you could see that he knew there was not much time let, yet he looked so defiant and strong willed despite his physical frailty. 
Anyway here's my selection. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poignant
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Follow that!

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    One of the best covers of a song ever. June had recently died when the song was released and after everything they'd been through, he couldn't have written more fitting lyrics himself.

Puts the hairs on the back of my neck to attention and a real lump in the throat.

Legend is a word thrown out quite often these days but he is right up there.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72403
    ABBA - Knowing Me, Knowing You.

Probably...

It's a terrible cheesy video really, but it's a big part of my childhood. There's some real emotion in the look on Agnetha's face when she's singing lyrics written by her husband about their break-up, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited February 2015
    New Order- True Faith, 1987. An all time classic single, and a video that made me laugh as a kid because it was so silly, and still makes me laugh now because I still find it silly, and I can also see that they were just taking the mick out of 80's pop videos that were trying to be oh-so-grown up and portentous.  Funnily enough, it seems to draw more attention to the lyrics which are deadly serious by contrast.  

• Made me think of this
    I think it may have been the first video I took much notice of and I loved NTNO'ClockN.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader

Love this

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6133
    Driving to Cornwall with a mate today, we was talking music and videos, and I was saying how much the Johnny Cash video Hurt shocked me.
    I had pretty much grown up with Johnny Cash in my household, my father sang his songs round the clubs, he had met him a few times etc, that I knew his songs so well it was part of me. 
    Then the video came on TV when I was reading or something and I dropped my book, as at first I could not believe who it was. Then the look in Cash's eyes as he stared at the screen, you could see that he knew there was not much time let, yet he looked so defiant and strong willed despite his physical frailty. 
    Anyway here's my selection. 

Probably THE most profound music video ever made. It's incredibly moving and powerful. I always feel dazed after watching it. Amazing.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • It's amazing that Johnny Cash managed to produce such powerful work in his latter years. There was some real gravitas and basic human experience in those songs.

Bob Dylan recently quoted someone who had said (I paraphrase) a voice didn't have to be beautiful to be a great singing voice, it just had to convince you it was singing the truth, which applies to Johnny Cash in spades.

In many ways I feel like he was a living expression of the more interesting parts of the human condition.
  • As far as most important videos goes, for me I can't narrow it down to a single song, but the AC/DC Let there be rock live in Paris film is imprinted in my brain from repeated listening since the age of about 12.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    This

A brilliant song, what could be the greatest pop video and evocative of a particular time in my life. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • odd one this but my father recorded the entire Freddie Mercury tribute concert onto a LP VHS back in 91.. that year I discovered guitar and rock music, and this vhs was watched over and over whilst I analysed it all..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• 2 for me. Both bring back incredible memories of happier times despite both being fairly dark. 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I always think of Freddie Mercury on the Days of our lives video. 
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited February 2015
    Lionel Richie - Hello. Still brings a tear to my eye. X_X

Link to my trading feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Skarloey said:
    New Order- True Faith, 1987.  ...I can also see that they were just taking the mick out of 80's pop videos that were trying to be oh-so-grown up and portentous.  Funnily enough, it seems to draw more attention to the lyrics which are deadly serious by contrast.  
    I'd never noticed that but I think you're right... and thanks for prompting me to listen to the lyrics because despite knowing the song fairly well I'd never bothered to listen to the words.
  • Kone starts thread and ends thread with initial post.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Peter Gabriel  Sledge Hammer amazed me.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22923

Not any one in particular, but the old Tool videos like Sober and Prison Sex

I love stop-motion animation in general, but it can be extraordinarily creepy, disturbing and powerful when done right.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    Maybe it's a generational thing, but I really couldn't give a rat's rear-end about any music video.