Good idea or not ....

What's Hot
I can't help thinking that it would be a good idea to have threads that are just the OP posting updates rather than millions of comments? I like to look through progress threads, but when there is so much commenting (nice though it is!), you can't follow what is going on as well. Good idea or am I way off base?

Failing that, maybe everyone could (at the end of the process) post a new thread with all the pics/mods chat 'at the start', and then comments could follow afterwards. Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    Personally, I am thriving off the comments from others - you get snippets of information that you may otherwise miss out on.  I know I have tweaked a couple of things since starting due to comments I have received.  But I do like the idea of a 'project' thread at the end, showing the progress without comments....
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16735
    I don't write blogs.... Much prefer discussions, and have been known to change my approach in these things based on the feedback I get
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just skip the comments and read the posters blog! I enjoy reading the comments as I read through the blog, they are informative and can be very encouraging. Leave it as it is would be my call.
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    edited April 2015
    Or what about an option to 'turn off' all posts not created by the person who created the topic?  That way those who enjoy reading the comments can still see and read them, and those who don't won't need to scroll through looking for the next post from the person who started the topic.

By the way I appreciate all the comments and suggestions in my thread.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested