Cut or curl? (No hairdressing content...sorry)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Cut them, and I have no idea why split post tuners aren't industry standard on all electric guitars.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Cut & bend the ends round double-ish with the cranked needle-hose pliers, no stabbing or scratching.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    strtdv;522496" said:
    Cut them, and I have no idea why split post tuners aren't industry standard on all electric guitars.
    +1..and so much easier to string too.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Depends on my mood... Sometimes I can be bothered to cut 'em all neat. others I like to leave them curled. 

Fence sitting in a minefield! 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2160
    Cut them.
    When they flail about, the noise comes through the guitar.
    It's just a complete no brainer and plain lazy to leave them as is. Plus, it looks toss and can be potentially harmful.
    I've caught literally my eyeball with a string end that twanged back because I hadn't cut them off. It caned.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    I've always found uncut ends to make an annoying atonal metallic rattling jangly sound, so cutting has always been my way (cut ends then bend downwards to keep it out the way).
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    I cut mine, usually. I also care surprisingly little about what others do with theirs.
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Usually cut, but if I'm feeling truly rock n roll I don't cut or curl them. I just let them all mangle together in a big mess. I'm a mad man I tell ya
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Cut. Curling or leaving the surplus string protruding irritates the hell out of me. I find it quite distracting too.
  • Cut always.

I find it strange that people find split post tuners easier to string.  There by far the hardest for me.  That is because I use the wrap round and lock method, and with split post tuners, the string keeps coming out of the groove before its locked.  Dont get that with holes.