Athlete

What's Hot
BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
I've always liked the first 2 albums by Athlete but never kept up with any of their newer releases. I was checking them out on spotify though and found they did an acoustic tour and released an album of it (live at Union Chapel) - I'm quite astounded by it. Highly recommended to anyone who likes them - its just so stripped back and honest with beautiful melodies and harmonies. It really shows off the song writing talent.

Anyone heard it or like the band?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72402
    I really tried - I normally like this sort of thing, and they *almost* had what I liked, but never quite got there. I had the first two albums as well, but in the end the weariness of their songs and sound just bored me, I'm afraid. Gave them away some time ago.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited February 2015
    Amazing band. Seem them live a couple of times and breathtaking! Haven't heard the acoustic stuff - off to Spotify now!

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    I feel like I've really missed by not seeing them live. Listen to the Live at Union Chapel version of Superhuman Touch (track 2) it's brilliant - it might even convince @ICBM
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Never liked them.

That said I thought wires was a really poignant song about the singers son being rather Ill.

A fan or not, that song is touching.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    d8m;523649" said:
    Never liked them.

That said I thought wires was a really poignant song about the singers son being rather Ill.

A fan or not, that song is touching.
    Agreed, there's something very honest about that song with a lot of emotion behind it. IMO you've got to respect songwriters who can do that, whatever the style of music.