This Schenker run.....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited February 2015
    Never knowingly listened to anything by Schenker but really liked that, and agree very Slash like, which is great for me as I really like his playing. I'm going to have a crack at this, so thank you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    edited February 2015
    Love this kind of thread. Make sure you let us know how you're getting along, Bingefeller. I find that TAB format really hard to deal with, though. The bend notation is totally unlike the system used by Cherry Lane or the British guitar mags. My first thought was that the notes might be correct on the stave, but the fingerings might not be.

Big shout out to @Grunfeld , who sent me a copy of this years ago while we were still all on Intermusic. I've been spinning it again thanks to this thread and have a serious earworm from Doctor Doctor... :oops:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLM said:
    Love this kind of thread. Make sure you let us know how you're getting along, Bingefeller. I find that TAB format really hard to deal with, though. The bend notation is totally unlike the system used by Cherry Lane or the British guitar mags. My first thought was that the notes might be correct on the stave, but the fingerings might not be.

Big shout out to @Grunfeld , who sent me a copy of this years ago while we were still all on Intermusic. I've been spinning it again thanks to this thread and have a serious earworm from Doctor Doctor... :oops:

Cheers. The tab is from a Japanese book, maybe from the 80s or 90s. I am getting there slowly. After he plays the run in the E minor position he plays an E major sounding run which is sort of tricky.
  • MS plays a great solo here at 2.13.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited February 2015
    I think in the second bar of the solo another guitar comes in and starts to play that run at the 17th fret. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom