Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lightweight, giggable tube combo?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Thanks all.

The Laney Cub has come up a few times. I had one (12R). I didn't like it, too woolly sounding. Sorry!

Looks like Fender Champ is a contender here. What about the H&K Tubemeister 5 - too small to be gig gable?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    mellowsun said:
    Thanks all.

The Laney Cub has come up a few times. I had one (12R). I didn't like it, too woolly sounding. Sorry!

Looks like Fender Champ is a contender here. What about the H&K Tubemeister 5 - too small to be gig gable?

The Laney Cub benefits from an immediate speaker change. The stock ones are pretty poopy.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    simonk;529361" said:
    mellowsun said:

Thanks all.

The Laney Cub benefits from an immediate speaker change. The stock ones are pretty poopy.
    The Cub12R originally came with a celestion Rocket 50 that was cheap and nasty. I put a V30 in mine and its now a proper righteous little amp with balls! Laney got the message and now the Cubs come with the new generation of HH speakers that sound good.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    Laney Lc15 - 110
    10-ish kg but sounds great for me
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Someone buy @thorpy6's Plexi FFS!!!

Otherwise I will

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Someone buy @thorpy6's Plexi FFS!!!

Otherwise I will

it does fit the bill.......
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Fender Pro Junior.

It's actually a Marshall in disguise ;)
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    monoamine said:
    Fender Pro Junior.

It's actually a Marshall in disguise ;)
    It's even better than that, it's more like a WEM in disguise :).

Slightly heavier than 8Kg though - Fender's spec says 9 - but close enough that replacing the speaker with a Neodymium one might get you there.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I have an old made in USA one with some genuine wear and tear to the tweed... sounds amazing. Can't recommend it enough!
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80