SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Increase your gain for cheap

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9932
edited October 2013 in FX £

I have a few cheap kicks for sale, boxes for a-stomping. Excellent condition for each of these, price includes delivery

Aria Fuzz £25
Metal enclosure, assume true bypass, seems sturdy. Sound-wise its pretty versatile, does what fuzzes do, quite well. I liked it for quite low gain bluesy sound but it does the all out Big Muff or Fuzz Face vibe too. Nice soft base  attached to the metal case as well, stops it moving a bit and doesn’t scratch the paint work. Size-wise, it’s a “landscape” design, I think the only ones I know of that are similar are the bigger boxes of some MXR pedals. Jacks are on the back.

Ashton Tube Overdrive £19
there's more on google for these, but it seems to be a slight boost with a bit of tone shaping. The enclosure is akin to a military vehicle. Can switch between class A and class AB drive, there's a tone knob and a gain knob etc. Good for warming up solid state amps<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Electro Harmonix Nano Muff OD £22

Electro Harmonix Double Muff (Nano sized) £28

These two are big and little brother. The standard Nano gives a dirty fuzzy overdrive type boost, one knob and a switch, sounds like “You Really Got Me” by the Kinks. Pretty good for rhythm playing for just a bit of grit. Bear in mind this pedal does not like being after a buffer or Variax style guitar or DI box!

The Double Muff combines two of the above together to get a more standard fuzz pedal, you use the two knobs on here to control gain and master volume which gives you much more flexibility. There is a little flick switch to switch between single and double mode, unfortunately unless you have pixie feet you couldn’t switch this while playing. The double one gets an excellent rhythm and lead fuzz. Both of these sound very “old school” with plenty of cool mojo

Any questions, please do let me know. Not sold anything on Fretboard yet but was pretty regular on Music Radar (Iansavage aka Beagle, Lexie1, Jalapeno are a few of the names I can remember!). I can also link to my ebay profile for more nice feedback.

Get your cheap kicks here!

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments