NAD: Baby Bogner

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2753
I just bought the bogner mojado from welshboyo.       Super well packed and arrived quickly.

It sounds awesome - but wow is it loud!   (to put that into context I have a fender twin and 2 100W vintage marshals in the same room)    

I like the idea of the simple controls - volume and "schizo" which is like a gain and tone so it should make a good pedal platform.   
 The only flaw so far is at 1/4 volume the room is shaking so I won't be able to crank it outside of gigs - it must be the loudest 18W I've ever heard.

I plan to use it with a mini pedal board for small gigs and deps and as a second amp in a stereo rig with my evh - running 4cable with the G system and the bognor as a second poweramp/speaker.    

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Nice.  I looked longingly at this one.  I'm fast becoming a bit of a Bogner (wannabe) fanboi, having placed a Shiva recently and then done a load of research on their smaller wattage models.  A Duende 15w head is right at the tippity top of my want list, but they aint common...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    It's a great little amp but yes unbelievably loud for its size..

As I said in the pm yesterday, it would easily out gun bigger amps including its bigger brother the Shiva which I have here.

The beauty of it is its simplicity but also its ability as both a slave with the PowerAmp in and as a pedal platform with its massive headroom!!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12009
    :( I was hoping I would buy that after moving !

Enjoy it @John_P !
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2753
    I'll let you know if I decide to pass it on.   

That's very unlikely at the moment though - it's perfect as a tiny, grab and go, super loud powered cab.   It'll make a stereo rig for bigger gigs and I'll use it on it's own for little gigs.  Super happy with it :)
    Bargaintastic price for a Bogner too.  I spent 2/3rd of that price for the Cube alone !
    edited February 2015
    BTW, Bogners in my experience are louder than most in the same wattage.  My Atma at 5W is deafening at the living room, I don't dare even turn it to 18W in my semi-detached.