Sweepstake on how long it is until I sell this M13 I just bought!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

ICBM said:

There is something about an electric guitar going through a conventional amp and a conventional speaker which 'just works'. I really wish it wasn't so in many ways - I'd love to be able to be all modern and carry next to no equipment, but for anything rock-oriented I've just never been happy with my sound any other way than the old way.
    Agreed! It's a bit like the difference between white noise and pink noise. Pink noise is infinitely more musical sounding and more usable, whereas white noise is just painful. A guitar cab shapes the sound of the amp, and shapes the sound of your feedback, and it's all interactive. You don't get those interactions with digital, because essentially it's a set of static filters running in series.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    Not wanting to hijack
    digitalscream;69052" said:
    Sorry, having a bad day, brain be absent ;)

Line6 are just like all the other manufacturers. There isn't single one which makes a unit that doesn't have just enough flaws to make it unusable.

Hell, I'm at the point where I'm looking for a good, relatively low-priced 3-channel amp. The one I really want, purely because it sounds exactly right, is an Ironheart...probably the IRT Studio...but then Laney had to go and fuck it up by using a totally retarded switching mechanism (which is completely different to anything else they produce). Mental.

Currently considering a GSP1101, which is great...but it doesn't support relay switching. Gawd.
    Not wanting to hijack the thread but have you looked at the hughes kettner statesman head. Effectively two channels plus 2 boosts on the drive channel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom