New (modded) amp day

moz91moz91 Frets: 38
Got me a JVM!
Second hand 210 Combo; picked it up on friday and it went straight to the work bench.
First up I'm amazed by how easy it was to access and work on; nowhere near as fiddly as I imagined (even for an amateur like me). I've done the basic plexi cap mod, and changed the voicing of the od channel - the JVM2s OD channel is based on od2 of the JVM4, which is more modern than the od1 which is more classic Marshall. Both were really simple and have made a HUGE difference, really really pleased with it! I'm tempted to get a 212 cab to put with it and run it as my main live rig.

Has anyone else modded one of these? I'm still tempted by the -ve feedback and anti compression mods, and a couple of other small tweaks to bring it more in line with the Satch JVM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 839
    edited October 2013
    I did the negative feedback mod on a 410 head. I put a it on the back and then tweaked it till I was happy with it. Or you can just twat around with different resistors until you like what you hear. One of the best mods is putting in a choke I recon. It was voiced for V30's and I believe Santiago used a hot rodded strat with a SD JB pickup to fine tune it. The Satch 410 has a choke.
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    Don't know a lot about chokes I fancy the -ve feedback mod.. How did you go about that; just wire the resistor in serial with a 1k pot? Seems a lot easier than fecking about with different resistors.
  • Yep exactly that. The choke makes the amp 'feel' better to play.