What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Flanging_Fred;545922" said:
    to be sure.
    You're not Jim McDonald are you?
    "To be sure" is more Southern Irish than Northern, surely? :D

Regarding the original question- maybe. If you can make use of the "improvements" you are, if not, you aren't.

I like both more vintage-style and more modern-style guitars, depending on what I'm going to use the guitar for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22987
    Dave_Mc said:
    to be sure.

I always associate Jim McDonald with the phrase "So it is".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    grungebob said:
    DamianP;545818" said:
    PRS don`t make anything that`s close to a LP.     Despite what they tell you.  Despite their co-opting the McCarty name and history, they miss that particular mark by a pretty wide margin.
    In your opinion
    :)
    In my experience.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3337
    DamianP;547066" said:
    grungebob said:

DamianP;545818" said:PRS don`t make anything that`s close to a LP.     Despite what they tell you.  Despite their co-opting the McCarty name and history, they miss that particular mark by a pretty wide margin.

In your opinion

:)

In my experience.
    Portrayed as opinion :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    grungebob said:
    In my experience.
    Portrayed as opinion :)
    Not sure what this even means...

To the OP: the only way to answer the question is to play some guitars, the same way you would decide whether it's worth it *to you* to buy a MIA Fender over a MIM Fender etc etc etc
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    Ask yourself what is it that your current favourite isn't giving you.

Remember that most renowned guitarists sound like themselves whatever guitar/amp they are playing. A strat is a strat and only sounds different in the OOP switch to a lester type unless you get above the 10th fret.
    The subtle differences between one old guitar and another of the same model can sometimes be quite pronounced.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11603
    tFB Trader
    Is a pair of Levi's jeans any better than the pair you can buy at Asda or Tesco?
    Try a pair on and decide if you want to treat yourself to them if you like them

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Philly_Q said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    to be sure.

I always associate Jim McDonald with the phrase "So it is".

Oh yeah we (I >:D<) say that all the time :))
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Depends. Suck it and see as they say. There's no right answer to this just what works for you.

Personally I'd take a Feline over any similar or higher priced Gibson equivalent.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Is a pair of Levi's jeans any better than the pair you can buy at Asda or Tesco?
    Try a pair on and decide if you want to treat yourself to them if you like them
    I get my jeans from George 'cause I spend my money on guitar stuff
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    There's a feline in classifieds !!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    samzadgan said:
    ICBM;545763" said:
    I don't get it... it's a Fender Telecaster with the wrong headstock. What does it give you that a Fender doesn't? (Other than an ugly headstock.)

I can see the point in high-end near-copies when they have improved features, but I can't see the point in this at all.

Unless you're getting a big price reduction for the chip on the body, anyway...
    I see the problem @ICBM, i posted this late last night and forgot to include one of those winking smiley faces at the end of my post.

Completely agree...they are priced at £1700...for that price i can get a MIM fender, and upgrade hardware and pickups (if needed) and still have about £500 left over!

Expensive custom shop or super guitars arent reallly worth it for me, if they are just copies of something else, even if it is improved.
    what would you be putting in that MIM? Gold?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited March 2015
    Yes...gold for superior tones! ;)