A great wiring loom idea from Axesrus

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10674
    tFB Trader

axisus said:
    I just use mini connectors. Dirt cheap and easy to switch stuff in and out.
    And will get dirty and crackle eventually ... 
    Push connecters are never as good as solder ... if you want your guitar to start cutting in and out in the middle of a gig they are fine though ;-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    edited March 2015

axisus said:
    I just use mini connectors. Dirt cheap and easy to switch stuff in and out.
    And will get dirty and crackle eventually ... 
    Push connecters are never as good as solder ... if you want your guitar to start cutting in and out in the middle of a gig they are fine though ;-)
    Firstly, we are talking about a testing scenario here! Secondly, I have read a couple of times before from good sources that it shouldn't be a problem at all long term. I insulate with tape to keep moisture out. My strat has been wired like this a couple of years with no problem.

As with all things, you pay your money, you take your choice!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10674
    tFB Trader
    We have 18 test guitars, and as a pickup manufacturer ... the pickups are in and out like a piece of rude innuendo. So testing is what we do! It's that in that situation most 'connectors and solderless blocks fail most regularly, as they are not really intended for repeated disconnecting and re connecting. We've have tried pretty all the connectors on the market... and will only ever solder in nowadays. It is less hassle to dab a soldering iron about (we use good, old fashioned heavy duty tag strip in some instruments): like this
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom