What music's in your car at the moment?

What's Hot

Comments

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    BigMonka said:
    The Frozen soundtrack. Can you tell that my wife and kids use the car considerably more than I do?
    I feel your pain.

People smell better than reindeers
    At least thats what they say

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Probably the best metal band in the world today. 

This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

Hookworms

Ty Segall

I'm psyching out.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4992
    For me it is mostly RTE 1 radio. When going to play golf I play a Status Quo cd, no idea which one as it lives in the player, this gets me 'up' for the game. No radio or music if there is someone in the car with me. Conversation remains the best 'music' IMHO.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    Lambchop - OH Ohio - Songs 3-7 on repeat. 
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Lots of Michael Landau...... and just this week a great album of covers from The Donal Kirk Band. Donal's a fantastic Dublin based singer & works with some of Ireland's finest guitarists - on the album are Anto Drennan, Jimmy Smyth and Mal O'Brien.

Seemed like a good idea.....

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Sleaford Mods - Tiswas EP.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    The Charlatans - Modern Nature seen em live for the umpteenth time on Monday at the Roundhouse fuckin superb !
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Gary Moore - Live at Monsters of Rock
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    edited March 2015
    As of this morning

Rhiannon Giddens - Tomorrow is my turn

Joanne Shaw Taylor - Dirty Truth

Blackberry Smoke - the latest whatever its called

Steve Earle - Blues

Punch Brothers - latest but WTF is it called

..and one other... the last David Crosby album
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Samgb said:
    BigMonka said:
    The Frozen soundtrack. Can you tell that my wife and kids use the car considerably more than I do?
    I feel your pain.

People smell better than reindeers
    At least thats what they say

Please please don't start quoting it, I've absorbed pretty much all the lyrics (including the odd Candadian pronunciations of things like 'Anna') so I'll end up helpless with it all running round my head!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    ZZ Top - Antenna
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way
    The Butterfly Effect - Final Conversation of Kings

3 quality albums. Forgot how good ZZ Top's Antenna album is. ;)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7299
    Today I was most crass and have been lsitening to my bands album in the car. It's pretty good because enough time has passed that i dont notice allt he little tiny bits that bugged me about it knowing i could do better and now i can actualy enjoy it.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Steven Wilson's latest album, the master of my band's new album (which is languishing in the passenger footwell now it's finished) and some Sheryl Crow album of Lady Cirrus's.

Honestly though I don't listen to CDs much in the car because the Fiesta stereo puts this absolutely HORRIBLE compression/limiting/dynamics control on CD audio. It doesn't do it to radio or bluetooth, so I listen to my music collection from my phone's 64gb sd card.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164

I barely use my car these days- used to have to commute 30 miles each way to work in the thing (at which point, R4 or R1 usually), but now I can walk to work so my MP3 player gets hammered instead.

Our car still has a tape deck so me and Mrs_bob make mixtapes from time to time if we know we have a long car journey coming up. Mostly a combination of stuff from CDs we've bought recently and stuff we think the kids (3 and 4) might like- recent favourites include Motorhead, Jake Bugg, Plastic Bertrand and Bon Jovi.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Cirrus said:
    Steven Wilson's latest album, the master of my band's new album (which is languishing in the passenger footwell now it's finished) and some Sheryl Crow album of Lady Cirrus's.

Honestly though I don't listen to CDs much in the car because the Fiesta stereo puts this absolutely HORRIBLE compression/limiting/dynamics control on CD audio. It doesn't do it to radio or bluetooth, so I listen to my music collection from my phone's 64gb sd card.
    Funny story... I thought my car audio was shite. And I used to whinge about it all the time. And I keep telling my fiancee that I've got car envy because she's got a shiny new Hyundai and I've got an older Hyundai with the absolute bare-bones features, and she pointed out to me that instead of turning the bass UP I'd somehow turned the bass... Down. Bollocks. It don't sound so bad anymore. 

:) 

Also going to have to figure out what all the hype is bout this Steven Wilson bloke's new disc. It must be good. I mean... I like Porcupine Tree, I've got a few of theirs. But not listened to any SW solo stuff. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Funny story... I thought my car audio was shite. And I used to whinge about it all the time. And I keep telling my fiancee that I've got car envy because she's got a shiny new Hyundai and I've got an older Hyundai with the absolute bare-bones features, and she pointed out to me that instead of turning the bass UP I'd somehow turned the bass... Down. Bollocks. It don't sound so bad anymore. 

:) 

Also going to have to figure out what all the hype is bout this Steven Wilson bloke's new disc. It must be good. I mean... I like Porcupine Tree, I've got a few of theirs. But not listened to any SW solo stuff. 
    LOL!

Car stereos are so important to me - it's my first mix reference point! Best stereo ever was my old focus.

I was well into Porcupine Tree for a long time, not quite so much SW's solo stuff - I still think he's an excellent songwriter and producer, but some of the longer songs that veer into prog jazz fusion feel more like a justification for his kick ass backup band than proper part of the songs. Whereas even at their most extreme, Porcupine Tree's longer musical tangents still felt like they contributed to the songs.

Anyway, that's my one paragraph summation of a talented geniuses life's work!
  • Currently emanating from the USB thingy:

Stolen Babies

The Pretty Reckless

Alter Bridge

Cardiacs

Devin Townsend

I only drive for about 20 minutes a day and I'm not wasting precious listening time on some DJ knobhead!

When I get to work I have to sit in the car until the current song finishes.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Mongol Horde which is Frank Turners Hardcore band......utterly brilliant.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    Led Zep. Mothership
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024