In praise of Fender Split Post Tuners...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    timmysoft said:
    The 11-50s I use, the low E struggles to fit into the hole. I had the same on a band I used to tech for, they had 2 70s ri strats that struggled with anything above a 48
    Easily fixed with a 1/16" (.0625") drill bit, if you have to.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Love 'em. No more puncture wounds and they're really easy to use. I can practically do it my sleep.
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    I've got them on my Jag, and if I remember I had them on my CIJ 60s Strat from c1997. I always thought they were great. Very innovative design, easier to wind than a regular post and I'm surprised the design isn't more widespread.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Brize said:
    Skarloey said:
    Yes I love them too.

I used to have a big problem with the strings slipping out when winding and still do occasionally.

Anyone with any pearls of wisdom on what you do to avoid this?
    Yep, use a toothpick. I always use one when I'm replacing the high E string to stop it slipping.
    Wisdom for that tech tip straight away!