Stage lighting

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Beexter said:
    I use an American DJ Mega Bar (1m) on the floor, facing towards the band. It's 'kin bright (don't look straight at it or you'll be seeing coloured dots for days!) - just set it on sound to light and it does it's own thing. I think Thomann do their own version (Stairville) for about £70. I sometimes supplement it with a couple of the Stairville LED par cans (about £35 each when I bought them). Again, set them on the floor pointing at the band, I just set them to a constantly changing colour fade (I don't use a controller but you can add a basic DMX controller if needed). The great thing about leds is that they don't get hot, you can pretty well choose whatever colour you want without having to fanny around with coloured gels and they use very little power (meaning you won't trip out an electrical circuit)
    They look good and a reasonable price. I'm thinking about some spots to for the solos which can be foot controlled by the soloist etc :) Maybe a wind machine too although I don't have the long hair anymore :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    nickp said:
    @jalapeno - have you used these?  bloody good idea I think.  do I just google lighting gel to go with them?

Nope.  My plan was to use one or two to backlight the rear of a stage - one blue, one red.

You would need to experiment with the Gels to make sure they don't get cooked.

These would be more practical --> http://www.terralec.co.uk/par_cans/floor_standing_par56_can_silver/21908_p.html?gclid=CKTm39zhncQCFcsBwwod8RgAOA
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    Has anyone found a cheap route into projection? There some cheapish portable projectors around these days but they dont look like they would be bright enough for stage use.

Last time I looked at it a few years ago you were talking £500 ish to get started.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10431
    Yeah a good one is around £400 upwards and the lamp cost a fortune if you break it. Then you need it in the right position to focus behind the band if your showing scenes. I saw a local ACDC trib use one quite effectively it took some setting up. The big ones we use in theaters are around £5K each 
    www.2020studios.co.uk