Camel: "Footage" DVD

Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
tbh, I was disappointed. Track 1 was filmed at Guildford in 1973, but the audio is off their first EllPee. I guess I don't mind, if its the only way to present a video with no soundtrack, and I have to admit that the two do sync up pretty well. Other tracks are from DVDs that I've already got, specifically Live Pressure, and Moondances. Many of the BBC tracks are OGWT playouts ie there are BBC credits going up the screen while the band is playing. Then there was some amateur video (poor quality video, poor quality audio) which I was kind of interested to see as a Camel fan, but tbh wasn't of the best entertainment quality.

Summary: may have its uses as an introduction to the band as it covers a lot of their timeline, but there is little on it that is not part of better DVDs, and I'd rather get a mate to sit and watch one of the other DVDs if I wanted to introduce him to Camel. Diehard fans might want this, I'm not sure whether it would persuade a casual enquirer to invest in more Camel DVDs.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom