Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    No! Dissenting opinions are not OK.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
    Boring and shite.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    Normally I think they're shite (I quite liked Showbiz at the time though) but this was ok imo.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited March 2015
    They have been playing that riff live for years.

Maybe they have ran out of ideas.

Its certainly no Plug In Baby!

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    they are quite hit and miss for me too - I adore New Born and particularly Plug In Baby and like a few others, but collected together I doubt I'd have enough to make more than one album.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    and this (NSFW)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Just heard new track 'Psycho' on the radio. Fantastic I thought, never really got into them before, but this had a great riff & crystal-sharp Mutt Lange production
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    Muse meets mutt Lange? Time to exit....
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    rsvmark said:
    Muse meets mutt Lange? Time to exit....
    It always amazes me that Mutt Lange produced the early Boomtown Rats albums - which I really like, but I can't stand almost anything else he's ever done. Apart from The Motors, but that's about it…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    ICBM said:
    It always amazes me that Mutt Lange produced the early Boomtown Rats albums - which I really like, but I can't stand almost anything else he's ever done. Apart from The Motors, but that's about it…

I'll never stop being fascinated by how different the results can be when different combinations of creative people work on a project - sometimes two people can be antidotes to each other's weaknesses and do something brilliant, other times bad taste can be left to run rampant.
  • I'm with Drew on this - Showbiz and Origin were incredible - so much energy and dynamic arrangements that had power to them. I didn't mind Absolution as a rock album but it doesn't get me the same way as the earlier ones did, I did like Dead Star/In Your World though which I think we're between Origin and Hullaballoo. I've bought everything and tbh besides Map of the Problematique I've probably only played their later songs once or at most twice each.

I heard the new song on the radio and didn't like it. The creative kind of raw power on the earlier stuff isn't there any more - they can write a catchy tune and play tightly but I'm not excited by later Muse.