iPod help!!

Hey all, Last year I updated my iPod 32gb touch software and it killed my iPod. It's stuck on a loading/configure screen... Grey cloth type background with the words iPod in the middle... Padlock symbol on the top and at the bottom, the swipe bar with the word configure being displayed in an array of different languages.. I threw it in a box for a while and forgot about it, but being as I work near a load of phone repair places etc I said wth and tried to get a few to look at it.. They won't bother their holes. I did post on the apple forum last year but a total waste of time. Has anybody else had this problem? I can stick up a pic later to display what's going on... I have tried to reinstall the firmware.. It installed but when it started up it just did the same thing. I've done the hold down the buttons for ten seconds etc and no avail. I've written it off at this stage but i thought I might give some of you genius ppl a shout :) (Does anybody read thi section btw? Lol) ;) Thanks folks in advance
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Can you connect it to your PC or Mac (not sure what computer you have)? Does iTunes recognise it? If so you can restore it to factory settings.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Yeah let us know if you have Mac or PC.  I know how you can brute force format it an iPod with Mac....
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    As above, if it will connect to a 'puter it can be sorted
  • Thanks guys,
    ive a pc and a Ipad but my brother in law who lives with me has a super duper mac airbook or some such thing....
    It'd be great to rescue it ;)
    Thanks for the help folks, any advice is great...
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life