One for the shoegazers...

What's Hot

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7233
    Nope. Really bothers me, this. It sounds kinda pap, but he'll sell a fair few because he's stuck the loveless artwork on it. Nobody would bother if it was say, brown. It sounds brown.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    good rant sir
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Not think its tremendously cynical though?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    weak.
    Might as well do a multi trem with a bit of OD and slap the Hatful of Hollow artwork on it too
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I never said I liked it...
    Stop crying, start buying
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    Surely they can't just slap the Loveless album cover on it without getting some sort of approval?

Anyway anyone who knows anything about Kevin Shields knows that you can't achieve that sound without about 100 pedals and a room full of Marshalls. IN SPACE. Probably.
    GavHaus said:
    its kind of like a klon for the emos 

there are examples of it everywhere. 

I am trying to find a sound clip of the thing, I am curious to hear how ass-tastic this thing is
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    GavHaus said:
    its kind of like a klon for the emos 

there are examples of it everywhere. 

I am trying to find a sound clip of the thing, I am curious to hear how ass-tastic this thing is
    Bottom of the reverb page
    found a sound clip... I wont speak of it... I suggest you dont seek it out
    See, I was right. I'm always right. I am a golden God.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Make it stop, for God's sake make it stop. That was horrible.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22459
    As I said on OG, it sounds like shite. Lame shite at that. Not even good enough to be a proper solid stool. This one is a watery emission full of sweetcorn and peanut shards. 

So anyway.... Who's with me on the Trem?
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22459
    Pedals for hipsters? 

What you want is something along the lines of  Korg Miku. Plug your guitar in, play some lines, and each one is converted into a wanky Mumford & Sons style banjo hoedown. Plaid shirt print artwork. Then release a super-special edition with a plaid shirt covering shipped inside a special recycled paper box. £450. Watch the little bastards empty their pockets for one. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Fuck sake.

I like it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Pedals for hipsters? 

What you want is something along the lines of  Korg Miku. Plug your guitar in, play some lines, and each one is converted into a wanky Mumford & Sons style banjo hoedown. Plaid shirt print artwork. Then release a super-special edition with a plaid shirt covering shipped inside a special recycled paper box. £450. Watch the little bastards empty their pockets for one. 

http://procrasti-nation.eu/wp-content/uploads/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 919
    edited March 2015
    For proper Loveless tones it should be a fuzz/shredmaster/HM2 circuit into a multi tap delay into a reverse reverb with an expression pedal to control a down pitch whammy effect in front - abd possibly a Boss GE7 circuit somewhere too. I'd buy one of those.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    meltedbuzzbox;557368" said:
    found a sound clip... I wont speak of it... I suggest you dont seek it out
    Like a fool I did seek it out - I wish I'd listened to your advice, my ears hurt now :(

AWFUL!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    It wouldnt irritate me so much if he'd even just called it the "Loveshoe" or something and colored it pink, but that graphic is a bit audacious.

And a bit backwards looking besides, I thought the point of shoegaze was to be exploring strange sonic fronteers? Shoegaze in a can?