NGSD (New Guitar Strap Day) - now with discount code 3/9/15

What's Hot
not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
edited September 2015 in Guitar
So I went to the Guitar Show in Birmingham with the intention of getting a new guitar strap for my Les Paul from Heistercamp. I remember seeing their stand the previous year so knew they were amazing quality and just what I wanted. I'd had a good look on their website but to be honest I was a bit bewildered with the choices and range! 

Anyway I was at the show early on the Sunday morning so got to have a good look at the samples and a chat with them (really nice folks). I really liked the idea of them making one especially for me rather than picking one from the stock they'd brought to the show, in the end I placed the order for two straps, one for my Les Paul and one for the ES Les Paul I'm hopefully buying soon.

Fantastic quality, wonderful smell, nice little canvas bags, free plecturms, and a little fluffy cow on a key ring (my sons were chuffed with them).

So if you're after a beautifully hand made leather strap from a great little company give these guys a try: http://www.heistercamp.co.uk/shop/leather-guitar-straps

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Nice I like quality straps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    That leather looks very good, soft and pliable, not like the hard, stiff leather you get on the cheap ones. I'd still worry about steel buckles on my straps putting scratches on the finish though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Sassafras said:
    That leather looks very good, soft and pliable, not like the hard, stiff leather you get on the cheap ones. I'd still worry about steel buckles on my straps putting scratches on the finish though.

The strap on the guitar is "super soft" leather, feels great. I went for the standard/traditional leather on the other one.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Funnily enough straps are something I've always skimped on yet cursed every time I played- I never learn.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I buy a nice strap for each of my keeper guitars so they all have their own.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Same here. I just can't be arsed to keep changing straps, besides, it wears out the strap button hole resulting in a dropped guitar.
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    I had a new leather strap arrive today too, brilliant quality strap, unfortunately I can't recommend the seller, as the only reason I have the strap is I started a paypal dispute, which forced the seller to actually post me the strap, so I did get the strap in the end, but the company got a really bad review from me for their total lack of customer service - at one point they changed my address and tried to say that they posted it to the address they changed mine to, and it was my fault that that I never got it.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Dalefty said:
    I had a new leather strap arrive today too, brilliant quality strap, unfortunately I can't recommend the seller, as the only reason I have the strap is I started a paypal dispute, which forced the seller to actually post me the strap, so I did get the strap in the end, but the company got a really bad review from me for their total lack of customer service - at one point they changed my address and tried to say that they posted it to the address they changed mine to, and it was my fault that that I never got it.

DaLefty
    Name & shame I reckon...

edited March 2015

JookyChap said:
    Name & shame I reckon...

Hypnoticstraps, like I said the strap is amazing quality wise but the customer service leaves a shit load to be desired, I ordered this strap - http://www.hypnoticstraps.com/burning-black-p-72.html , it matches my sleeve tattoo, and this extension - http://www.hypnoticstraps.com/guitar-strap-extention-p-109.html , back on 02/03/15, they said that they dispatch within 48 hours, so I checked my account on the 06/03/15, only to see that my address had been suddenly changed, but that my order had still not been dispatched, so I tried to change the wrong address back to my correct address but got a message saying I was using non supported characters and that only numerals and letters where accepted and not special characters - like I have an address with a '£' or '%' or '*' in it.  I tried to contact them by phone and email for days but got no response so on Monday the 16/03/15 I opended a dispute with paypal as I still hadn't recieved my strap, that evening I checked my account, it still hadn't been posted.  Today my strap gets delivered to my work, with a post mark saying it was posted on 16/03/15, nearly two weeks after I placed my order.  ike I said the strap is amazing quality, but not that great that it is worth putting up with their bullshit, I would of rather paid more for a strap, and known I was actually going to receive it, like I had planned to do once paypal refunded me.

So I would advise everyone who wants a leather strap to avoid Hypnoticstraps like the plague and buy your strap from somewhere else, even if it costs you a bit more money, because they are not going to post you your order until you open a paypal dispute, and will do things like change your address in your account, and make it impossible for you to correct it, not to mention their straps are not made where they claim they are made on their website - they are made in China, but their website claims Europe.

DaLefty
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Looking good.
    Like I said the quality is great, just not good enough to put up with their bullshit, and the strap matches one of my harder to hide tats.

DaLefty
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Dalefty said:
    Like I said the quality is great, just not good enough to put up with their bullshit, and the strap matches one of my harder to hide tats.

DaLefty
    No offence, but it seems even a cursory reading of their site suggests that the site is to be avoided.  For example, from their returns page:

1. Quality Issue: Our products do not work well once you receive it or it encounters crash in delivery causing you fail to use it. In this situation, our return policy is open to you. And we will return full refund to you.

Their mission statement:

WHY HYPNOTIC STRAPS?

Becouse its not enought to have Comfortable, High Quality piece of material, it needs to have that kind of Magic to Hypnotize You and Your audience!!!
    Would it be nice if your Guitar Strap made your instrument feel lighter, so you can drift more freely into musical trance?
    Would it be great to have the strap, that perfectly suits you and compose with your instrument so you can trully express yourself?
    ...and all of this from the people that don't want to suck your wallet dry, 'couse we know how it's like...

WE ARE MUSICIANS TOO !!!

Wouldn't give them my details in a million years!
    Rox said:
    No offence, but it seems even a cursory reading of their site suggests that the site is to be avoided.  For example, from their returns page:

1. Quality Issue: Our products do not work well once you receive it or it encounters crash in delivery causing you fail to use it. In this situation, our return policy is open to you. And we will return full refund to you.

Their mission statement:

WHY HYPNOTIC STRAPS?

Becouse its not enought to have Comfortable, High Quality piece of material, it needs to have that kind of Magic to Hypnotize You and Your audience!!!
    Would it be nice if your Guitar Strap made your instrument feel lighter, so you can drift more freely into musical trance?
    Would it be great to have the strap, that perfectly suits you and compose with your instrument so you can trully express yourself?
    ...and all of this from the people that don't want to suck your wallet dry, 'couse we know how it's like...

WE ARE MUSICIANS TOO !!!

Wouldn't give them my details in a million years!

Have I not mentioned elsewhere that I'm a world class idiot, not to mention I was lured into a false sense of trust buy some good reviews of them, some of them on this very site if you do a search and the pretty pictures.

DaLefty
    I make my own judgements, even after reading reviews - I'm terribly cynical like that.

I'm not going to comment on whether you're an idiot (I certainly haven't read all your posts to see if you describe yourself as one), but before I buy anything I certainly check the site out in case anything seems a bit odd.
    Dalefty said:

DaLefty
    Ah, if you were replying to me I meant not_the_dj's strap. Yes, sounds like you got terrible service.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    For clarity Heistercamp are utterly brilliant people with a great product.....whoever DaLefty used aren't.

Meanwhile in a workshop in Devon....

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I've had  5 straps from Hypnotic now - all arrived reasonably quickly (about 3-4 days) from Poland and seem decent quality and graet value.   

It would be a shame if they aren't as reliable as they used to be.    
    @Rox  am I missing something?  it's a bit waffley but I put that down to translation.

Back to the OP - looks like a very nice strap - good match with the LP :)

If I'm trusting my money to someone, expecting them to pay a little attention to detail isn't too much to ask...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27234
    These look brilliant. I need a nice strap for my Dove...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    For clarity Heistercamp are utterly brilliant people with a great product.....whoever DaLefty used aren't.

Meanwhile in a workshop in Devon....

That's a lot of cow.